• iPhone 5

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Cant beat a Nokia

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

BrightonSeagulls

Aug 7, 2010
Hove
After the new launch of the iPhone 5 which one would you buy?
lots of people will just go for the iPhone because of the name but i think the Samsung Galaxy S3 beats it in my opinion.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I have absolutely no idea in all honesty.

I'm in the market for a new phone after my current contract expires, I'm currently using a payg on my unlocked HTC desire HD. Now I'm just after a new handset although there is actually nothing wrong with this one as it still works, and still does everything I need a phone to do...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
iPhone 5. It's not about the specs or which is the best device. It's a partisan, ideological battle and I'm siding with Apple.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
As posted in the iPhone 5 thread, you can see the bare stats of both handsets here:

iPhone 5 vs the competition: fight! -- Engadget

I prefer the solid construction of Apple devices to the flimsy plastic of the Samsung however I don't think I'd go for either handset in this battle.

The S3 has been out just long enough now that it's not brand new anymore and will soon be bettered by a newer Android handset. The new iPhone has the usual hefty Apple price tag, but without the wow to justify it this time round.

Love the look of the new Nokia Lumias BUT the dismal lack of apps on Windows Phone means these handsets ultimately don't cut the mustard yet.

I think I'm going to keep my hopes pinned on the next Nexus phone. Fingers crossed they make it sturdy and smart

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Where's the stick with your 4s option? :)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
iPhone 5. It's not about the specs or which is the best device. It's a partisan, ideological battle and I'm siding with Apple.

really, why? do you like being told how you must consume and store your media and software. i havent nothing against apple, just the fawning over them. yeah great design and buid, but use some standards rather trying everything to lock me to your device. its on the ideological battle its where they perform the worst.

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Samsung every time. iPhones are for magpies (ooh look, pretty shiny thing) and sheep.
And how do Apple reward their loyal magpies? By changing the connection so as everyone has to spend even more money buying new adapters for their docking stations etc. Bastards.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
really, why? do you like being told how you must consume and store your media and software. i havent nothing against apple, just the fawning over them. yeah great design and buid, but use some standards rather trying everything to lock me to your device. its on the ideological battle its where they perform the worst.

To be honest, I don't experience anything regarding the iPhone as being told what to do by Apple. I certainly don't feel compelled to buy the iPhone 5 before my contract runs out. However, I do relate to them as a company with great taste and a love of great design. So I'm more inclined to buy their products and services than another gadget made by another company, irrespective of the specs or price. To use a football analogy, there have been many years when Crystal Palace have had a better football side than the Albion, but I support who I identify with, rather than try to justify who I support through stats comparisons...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
To be honest, I don't experience anything regarding the iPhone as being told what to do by Apple. I certainly don't feel compelled to buy the iPhone 5 before my contract runs out. However, I do relate to them as a company with great taste and a love of great design. So I'm more inclined to buy their products and services than another gadget made by another company, irrespective of the specs or price. To use a football analogy, there have been many years when Crystal Palace have had a better football side than the Albion, but I support who I identify with, rather than try to justify who I support through stats comparisons...

summed up nicely

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I changed from android to iPhone 2 years ago, I was a little disappointed with the leaked info about the iPhone 5 so 3 months ago I switched back to android with a Galaxy Note and I hated it, Android apps are a cheap and nasty version of their apple rivals. I don't have the cash to buy a new iPhone 5 but I was desperate to get back to Apple so I bought a second hand iPhone 3GS, had it 5 hours and I feel more comfortable all ready.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Not sure where all this about the S3 "flimsy plastic" comes from. Not had a problem with mine and doesn't feel the slightest bit flimsy. Light? Yes. Thin? Yes. Flimsy - not at all. I guess it could've had some big fat casing on it to prevent damage from being dropped, but then I like the phone because it's thin and barely noticeable in the pocket. I don't think it's construction has been jeopardised by this. I've seen plenty of people comment on Facebook about iPhone screens being cracked and sent off to repair, so the thicker casing doesn't seem to have helped there.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
You blasphemer you....Palace .....Albion....how dare you swear on the NSC......Lol!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
To be honest, I don't experience anything regarding the iPhone as being told what to do by Apple. I certainly don't feel compelled to buy the iPhone 5 before my contract runs out. However, I do relate to them as a company with great taste and a love of great design. So I'm more inclined to buy their products and services than another gadget made by another company, irrespective of the specs or price.

fair enough, though that doesnt sound like an ideological battle just good old fashion brand loyalty.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
fair enough, though that doesnt sound like an ideological battle just good old fashion brand loyalty.

Well, if I told you how negatively I relate to Samsung...!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here