Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sammy morgan

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Crikey he came on as the sub and scored the winner in my first ever match - 2-1 against Chesterfield at the Goldstone in 1977.

"Thanks Sammy" screamed the backpage headline in the Evening Argus on Monday.

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Sammy was a good old fashioned hard forward. Really liked him. More natural fit with Fred Binney & Spider than Wardy if I recall right.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Didn't we sign him from Villa? He had no front teeth and was all elbows! A classic centre forward.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Saw him at one game cant remember where it was but it was away in London I am sure, possibly Millwall, he went down in heap with a defender near the corner flag and stood on the defenders ankle and tried to help him up by pulling his arms. The player got up threw a punch at Sammy and got sent off.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
remember Ron Atkinson and Sammy sitting in a sports car (picture the scene!) at the Goldstone negotiating his transfer to Oxford !!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Savage player on the pitch and looked like a choirboy off it

someone once told me he was a maths teacher does anyone know if thats right?

Mar 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
Saw him at one game cant remember where it was but it was away in London I am sure, possibly Millwall, he went down in heap with a defender near the corner flag and stood on the defenders ankle and tried to help him up by pulling his arms. The player got up threw a punch at Sammy and got sent off.

I seem to remember something similar at Peterborough? Also remember the local press headlines predicting a "Manchester United style invasion" Albion fans fighting with police in the away end. Bit confused if all these events on the same day! Still, many eventful times at London Road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here