Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sammi Ameobi

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Sammy has real promise but personally I think I'd rather sign big brother Shola - he must be way down the pecking order now with Toon and with his experience he could do for us what Roberts did for Reading last season

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
These is the second season long loan rumour (Arsenal defender being other one)... must say I'd be surprised that we were favouring this type of deal over perm signings... still, we definitely need a presence up front...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would happily take him for a season if we get another forward with a bit more prescense to go with him CMS and Barnsey

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
These is the second season long loan rumour (Arsenal defender being other one)... must say I'd be surprised that we were favouring this type of deal over perm signings... still, we definitely need a presence up front...

Maybe tied to all the stuff about finances? If there are some hefty financial limitations then maybe long terms loans are a good short term measure?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
He'd definitely be a presence up front, I don't mind us being linked to season long loan deals- it's when it's a few months here and there it becomes a problem.

I think you're only allowed 2 season long loans in a season as well, so Sammi and the chap from Arsenal might be it but I was rather hopeful we might get frst dibs on the best of Chelsea players to go out on loan.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I would happily take him for a season if we get another forward with a bit more prescense to go with him CMS and Barnsey

Not sure we will find someone with more presence

He's about 6'6" tall, maybe more! (Wiki lists him at 6'4" but that was last year and he was still growing!)

What he lacks is experience.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Maybe tied to all the stuff about finances? If there are some hefty financial limitations then maybe long terms loans are a good short term measure?

According to Tony Bloom on the radio this morning, our Budget for this season is the same if not a bit bigger than last season. Didn't get the impression that finances were going to be too much of an issue.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
According to Tony Bloom on the radio this morning, our Budget for this season is the same if not a bit bigger than last season. Didn't get the impression that finances were going to be too much of an issue.

What does budget mean, our overally budget? Or our spending budget?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
According to Tony Bloom on the radio this morning, our Budget for this season is the same if not a bit bigger than last season.
But who did he say his source was? Has he any proof he knows more than those posting here?

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY

He was talking about how obviously those coming down from the Prem will have the parachute payments but he still feels we will be able to compete as the playing budget is similar to last year & mabye even a bit more. So I took it to mean the transfer/wages budget.

Sounded far more optimistic than rumours I have heard on here about out financial situation.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Yes the point about what budget is a good one ... but the overall message is positive and that's reassuring. It's so difficult to know what's going on in football finances, certainly until the first set of Amex financials are published anyway, then at least they'll be some understanding of running costs

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Yes the point about what budget is a good one ... but the overall message is positive and that's reassuring. It's so difficult to know what's going on in football finances, certainly until the first set of Amex financials are published anyway, then at least they'll be some understanding of running costs

I believe the context that it was said in meant playing budget & I took that to mean Wages/Transfers.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Sammy has real promise but personally I think I'd rather sign big brother Shola - he must be way down the pecking order now with Toon and with his experience he could do for us what Roberts did for Reading last season

Cant remember what game it was but I remeber Pardew singing his praises only last year, a perfect sub to bring on etc. I can't see him going out on loan a year later. As for Sammy, he was given a 3 year contract last season so they must like him.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I love it that TB was very clear that we will never overspend on a sensible operating budget while he is in charge. Our general wage levels will edge up as new players come in. We will pay a bit more top end and bring in youngsters at a lower cost and wage to balance the budget. Sorted!

I'm very happy if that includes two or three full season loans, a couple of up and coming youngsters like Marlon Pack or Alan Judge; and a marquee signing - preferably the big box to box midfielder to play between Bridcutt and Vicente :thumbsup:

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Interesting to follow on Twitter

Here is a story from Sabotage Times website:

Sammy Ameobi’s Twitter timeline deserves an award in itself. Unlike other footballers whose activities over 140 characters are quite frequently irritating, inflammatory and simultaneously banal, Sammy always leaves a smile on your face. Every tweet is a nugget of positivity, no need for unnatural attempts at academia for Mr Ameobi, he has his own philosophy, pure and simple.
A reality TV show would do him justice, in his hotel room Sammy was reading and complained: “some fool is blasting classical music from next door”. It turned out the radio was on in his cupboard and him and Demba “were trippin” and apologises for the insult in the accusatory tweet. He has even asked Twitter what time he should be arriving at training, this youngster has a perennial need for maternal care.

On the field he has the energy and direction of a Labrador puppy and a cracking left foot, nobody quite knows what he’ll do with the ball when he gets it; an entertaining prospect for the Premier League indeed.
10 out of 10 for originality and a personality fashioned out of sunshine and happiness, cast your votes for the delightful Mr Sammy Ameobi.

Extract from [MENTION=3790]sammy[/MENTION]_Ameobi’s timeline:

“One of the lads thought it would be funny to rub deepheat into my boxers yesterday…still feeling the effects #P” – Poor young Sammy, on the receiving end of a little light dressing room bullying at Newcastle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here