Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami Hyypia

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Hyypiä admits discussions with Brighton to a major Finnish newspaper: http://www.iltasanomat.fi/jalkapallo/art-1288696606037.html

Try google translate

Translated....kinda!

Sami Hyypiä admits talks with Brighton

Sami Hyypiä myöntää neuvottelut Brightonin kanssa.
Sami Hyypiä admits talks with Brighton.

Dennis Grombkowski

Published in: 4.6.2014 6: 16

FOOTBALL Sami Hyypiän coaching career might continue in England.
It was speculated in the British media today Hyypiän possible by agreement of the Manager of the Brighton.

-It is true that I have been in negotiations with Brighton. I have met with representatives of the Club, He was confirmed by the Ilta-Sanomat.

Brighton plays England in the Championship, or the second highest level. It survived the rise of the Premier League to qualify for the spring, but with the rise of the dreams of the two karahtivat in the defeat against the Derbyä.

Manager Oscar Garcia went to Brighton after the disappointment. New has been mapped since.

Brighton is mapped to the Hyypiän, along with other familiar names to English. Liigassakin Committee on Malky Mackaynurtured, Tim Sherwood, Steve Clarke and Chris Hughton is mentioned in speculation assigned managers in the Premier League, but the Manager is the kytännevät place for audiences from Southampton and West Bromwichista.

Hyypiän stations to Brighton, are reportedly still good.

-Any preset does not yet exist, and these discussions will continue in good spirit. Lets see, where they lead, He reassured us.

The coach of Bayer Leverkusen in the Bundesliga he worked in 2012-14.

Hyypiän pesti saksalaisseurassa, ended at the beginning of the year kicks in. The Finnish could still make in Germany as a whole as hard track, that there is enough demand – and not only in the coastal town of eteläenglantilaisesta.

-Also from elsewhere is addressed to the interest, and it is, of course, have been nice to hear.

He has not detailed any other options. He admitted their interest in the possibility raised was washed in Brighton.

-Brighton is a viable option. There was a long-term effort and the tough, what is more, investment in, inter alia, to the stadium and training center. The conditions are really in good shape, He said.
Brighton's current home, the Amex Stadium, opened in 2011. It can accommodate about 30 000 spectators.

The rise of the English supporters are hungry for the top level, which follows is not seen since the spring of 1983.

-The Club is rising On the League. The project has begun many years ago, and there is. Lähiajat look, am I in the project in the future, He said.

Janne Kosunen

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Translated....kinda!

Sami Hyypiä admits talks with Brighton

Sami Hyypiä myöntää neuvottelut Brightonin kanssa.
Sami Hyypiä admits talks with Brighton.

Dennis Grombkowski

Published in: 4.6.2014 6: 16

FOOTBALL Sami Hyypiän coaching career might continue in England.
It was speculated in the British media today Hyypiän possible by agreement of the Manager of the Brighton.

-It is true that I have been in negotiations with Brighton. I have met with representatives of the Club, He was confirmed by the Ilta-Sanomat.

Brighton plays England in the Championship, or the second highest level. It survived the rise of the Premier League to qualify for the spring, but with the rise of the dreams of the two karahtivat in the defeat against the Derbyä.

Manager Oscar Garcia went to Brighton after the disappointment. New has been mapped since.

Brighton is mapped to the Hyypiän, along with other familiar names to English. Liigassakin Committee on Malky Mackaynurtured, Tim Sherwood, Steve Clarke and Chris Hughton is mentioned in speculation assigned managers in the Premier League, but the Manager is the kytännevät place for audiences from Southampton and West Bromwichista.

Hyypiän stations to Brighton, are reportedly still good.

-Any preset does not yet exist, and these discussions will continue in good spirit. Lets see, where they lead, He reassured us.

The coach of Bayer Leverkusen in the Bundesliga he worked in 2012-14.

Hyypiän pesti saksalaisseurassa, ended at the beginning of the year kicks in. The Finnish could still make in Germany as a whole as hard track, that there is enough demand – and not only in the coastal town of eteläenglantilaisesta.

-Also from elsewhere is addressed to the interest, and it is, of course, have been nice to hear.

He has not detailed any other options. He admitted their interest in the possibility raised was washed in Brighton.

-Brighton is a viable option. There was a long-term effort and the tough, what is more, investment in, inter alia, to the stadium and training center. The conditions are really in good shape, He said.
Brighton's current home, the Amex Stadium, opened in 2011. It can accommodate about 30 000 spectators.

The rise of the English supporters are hungry for the top level, which follows is not seen since the spring of 1983.

-The Club is rising On the League. The project has begun many years ago, and there is. Lähiajat look, am I in the project in the future, He said.

Janne Kosunen

Good use of inter alia.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This comes across to me as a really boring appointment, former defenders rarely make good managers. Another season of bore draws and one isolated striker upfront. His previous team got tanked at Old Trafford against a dodgy Manure side, by anyones standards losing 9 or so on the bounce is not a good stat please move on TB.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Not sure how I'd feel about this, doesn't seem to be an attack minded manager but could see us bring in a fair few new players.

Let's see what happens.

You're not going to get an attack minded manager whoever they go for, it doesn't seem to fit the Albion "project" plan. Both the last two have been "build slowly from the back with passing" and I don't see that changing

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He'd be a bit of a risk wouldn't he? Although I guess not as much as Garcia. At least he'll be able to speak the language to a reasonable standard. Are the Bundesliga and Championship comparable in style (if not quality)?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
He'd be a bit of a risk wouldn't he? Although I guess not as much as Garcia. At least he'll be able to speak the language to a reasonable standard. Are the Bundesliga and Championship comparable in style (if not quality)?

Wouldn't anybody be a risk? I mean, there's no such thing as a dead cert is there? I for one think we would be very lucky to get him. That's why I'm not sure we will, although I really hope we pull it off. Far more experience than our last two appointments.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
This comes across to me as a really boring appointment, former defenders rarely make good managers. Another season of bore draws and one isolated striker upfront. His previous team got tanked at Old Trafford against a dodgy Manure side, by anyones standards losing 9 or so on the bounce is not a good stat please move on TB.

If we were in the PL we'd probably be getting tanked by Man U as well. So what's the difference who the manager is in that case?

This comes across to me as a really boring appointment, former defenders rarely make good managers.

FFS, what is it with this thread and making massive inaccurate sweeping statements?

For what it's worth, of the current 20 Premier League managers, 9 were defenders during their playing days. Dyche, Pulis, Bruce, Pearson, Rodgers, Pellegrini, Monk, Pochettino and Allardyce. Not sure how that translates into 'former defenders rarely make good managers'.

I don't know anything like enough about Hyypia's time in Germany to comment on his suitability or otherwise, and I'm certainly not going to rush to judge him on one game against Man United.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Wouldn't anybody be a risk? I mean, there's no such thing as a dead cert is there? I for one think we would be very lucky to get him. That's why I'm not sure we will, although I really hope we pull it off. Far more experience than our last two appointments.

You are right that there are no certainties, but I think that I'd prefer a manager who knew the Championship (and had success, especially in playoffs) rather than another one who was learning as he went along. I agree that it isn't the most exciting option.

Holloway seems to fit the bill!!!!

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
FFS, what is it with this thread and making massive inaccurate sweeping statements?

For what it's worth, of the current 20 Premier League managers, 9 were defenders during their playing days. Dyche, Pulis, Bruce, Pearson, Rodgers, Pellegrini, Monk, Pochettino and Allardyce. Not sure how that translates into 'former defenders rarely make good managers'.

I don't know anything like enough about Hyypia's time in Germany to comment on his suitability or otherwise, and I'm certainly not going to rush to judge him on one game against Man United.

Also, Guardiola was a defensive midfielder, he's done OK in management :D

Not to mention the manager of the England WC 1966 team, Sir Alf Ramsey, was a defender.

If we want to stereotype, one could say strikers players/managers are attack minded by strategically and defensively naive and simply concede too many goals.

Personally, I don't think it matters, a good manager is a good manager whatever their playing position was.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
You are right that there are no certainties, but I think that I'd prefer a manager who knew the Championship (and had success, especially in playoffs) rather than another one who was learning as he went along. I agree that it isn't the most exciting option.

Holloway seems to fit the bill!!!!

Could do a job :whistle:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Sacked by Bayern Leverkusen after less than a year in charge.
Doesn't have the correct coaching qualifications.
The real success behind him and that team was Lewandowski who took all the training sessions and had to appear at all the press conferences with him.
NO THANKS !!!!!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Every championship team is looking for one of those and they're few and far between, an unrealistic pie in the sky aspiration methinks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here