Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami and his great start at FC Zurich

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon Sami relies WAY too much on the law of averages that says no matter how crap a manager you are, you're bound to win a match once in a while.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As I recall those 'in charge' wanted him to stay, he certainly wasn't sacked

Such luminaries would include T Bloom and of course P Barber.

They were wrong to want him to stay. Thankfully Sami did the decent thing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Reckon Sami relies WAY too much on the law of averages that says no matter how crap a manager you are, you're bound to win a match once in a while.

Wasn't it 1 in around 18 in his last two jobs? Or am I exaggerating???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Such luminaries would include T Bloom and of course P Barber.

They were wrong to want him to stay. Thankfully Sami did the decent thing.

That was completely mental and I can only imagine they knew the fans would drive him out and save on the compensation *cynic*

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Seem to recall he indicated he might be prepared to leave us four or 5 games before he resigned. Suspect he was hoping for a pay off, but when Bloom and Barber played hard ball by saying they wanted to give him more time, he realised he would have to resign as no pay off was forthcoming.

He offered to resign twice and was twice turned down. The third time, the club reluctantly accepted.[/QUOTE]

Yep indeed. Thanks to Sami being the HONORABLE fellow he is and waiving any compensation by resigning. Whatever people say and I love Tone but he really dropped a ricket in wanting poor Sami to stay.

Lets not forget that Bloom was on his way to Oz for the family holiday but had to cut it short and fly back. Hardly the actions of someone who knew their manager would be leaving/resigning.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wasn't it 1 in around 18 in his last two jobs? Or am I exaggerating???

It's got to be something like that. People are patently just hiring him on the name alone. Has to be. It's not like anybody's hiring him on the basis of his inspiring interview technique or his sparkling track record as a manager.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He offered to resign twice and was twice turned down. The third time, the club reluctantly accepted.

Yep indeed. Thanks to Sami being the HONORABLE fellow he is and waiving any compensation by resigning. Whatever people say and I love Tone but he really dropped a ricket in wanting poor Sami to stay.

Lets not forget that Bloom was on his way to Oz for the family holiday but had to cut it short and fly back. Hardly the actions of someone who knew their manager would be leaving/resigning.[/QUOTE]

To be honest there a lot of Managers who are either poor or just plain average. Sami fits into one of those. probably the average as opposed to Poor.

His failure is highlighted by the fact that he was followed by Chris who is a very good Manager at this level. Chris puts in the hours and also has good contacts within the game. Sami you have to remember doesn't have the same contacts or the experience that Chris has got. So whilst he failed badly at BHA I think we have to remember that his experience was limited as a coach before he came here

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lets not forget that Bloom was on his way to Oz for the family holiday but had to cut it short and fly back. Hardly the actions of someone who knew their manager would be leaving/resigning.

Quite. If Sami hadn't done the decent thing, therby forcing Bloom's hand, we'd probably be playing in League One this season

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think you're over complicating it. I think it was:
Step 1 - tell two fullbacks to do everything
Step 2 - everyone else mill around
Step 3 - give a Sami motivational talk (with arms crossed looking at own shoes)

Which is why I think Sami might have had a chance, albeit a slim one, had the club signed Ward.
He could do everything.
Ward and this seasons Bruno and all those odd goal defeats might not have happened, just like this season.

Even through those ultimate optimistic eyes, Sami still sat there while Rome burned, which is unforgivable.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here