Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Same old, same old....

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Same old rose tinted, spec wearing, gus arse licking fans like yourself need to wind your neck in, you are in a minority now. If you think that was worth £35 of my hard earned money then you are wrong. After todays shambolic attempt i and every other fan has the right to vent their anger. If you dont like then go somewhere else or ignore

That's not true though is it?

Gus still has more people who want him as manager than those who don't.

If you're talking anecdotally then I would suspect that the majority of fans recognise that establishing the team in this division may take more than one season. That doesn't mean that they were happy with what happened tonight, but if you're honest we were given a footballing lesson by a very very good side.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Apologists or those who don't think that we have a god given right to become world beaters overnight just because we have got a new stadium and are playing in front of bigger crowds as some on here expect us to be.

Apologists or people who realise that things take time and don't panic or worry excessively if we arn't running away with the league rather than think that if we arn't doing that straight away, then we will end up losing our fans and be relegated / doomed forever. Apologists or people who realise that miracles don't happen overnight and patience is key.

well said sir. It wasn't a great performance today but this site is embarrassing tonight.
everyone has a right to complain as a paying customer, but most of it is irrational and down right inaccurate.
But hey, if you focus on the positives of where we are compared to a few seasons ago you're a club apologist and should be ashamed of yourself.
should I be ashamed of myself? or am I enjoying a great team,( all be it lacking confidence) playing in a brilliant stadium .Brighton and hove Albion is a massive part of my life and part of my personality and soul, but at the end it's just football.
please people, sense of perspective. I've had enough going on in my personal life over the years to get suicidal over our current downturn in form.

liam82

Onwards and Upwards
Apr 8, 2007
Telscombe Cliffs
. We are not far off being a very good side and Gus has earned the right to get things sorted.

You could also argue that we are not far of being a bad side either? the reality is probably this at the moment, Gus has had a season and a half to improve in the Championship but we are not and the stats show it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Same old rose tinted, spec wearing, gus arse licking fans like yourself need to wind your neck in, you are in a minority now. If you think that was worth £35 of my hard earned money then you are wrong. After todays shambolic attempt i and every other fan has the right to vent their anger. If you dont like then go somewhere else or ignore

"In a minority"? So you think the majority of Brighton fans want Gus Poyet sacked? You're on a different planet.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
I love the fact that, if you have a bad word to say about the team or Poyet you must be a plastic or a JCL. Last night was dreadful and really showed how far away from a top manager gus really is. The performances are slowly getting worse as the season goes on, not better.

I don't expect to win every week or even play well every week. I am more than happy being a mid table championship side. But that's not saying I don't want to see us the premier league eventually but under Poyet all we will be is mid table side.
He has been great for the Albion, I just think (I hope I'm wrong) that this is as far aswe can go together.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
This is the most we can expect from a club who sends quality players to MK dons.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I don't mind constructive criticism, but there are far too many on here for whom saying "we're shit, Poyet out" or variations thereof is the extent of their contribution. It is tiresome.

Fortunately, the club appears to be run sensibly and not in a knee-jerk reaction way, like so many others recently. If you look at the 5 year plan, we got into this league a year ahead of schedule, so this is effectively our first year in the Champs according to the plan, so things are on track. Our long term future is far rosier than most. But this will not appease those in this world who want everything, now.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I don't mind constructive criticism, but there are far too many on here for whom saying "we're shit, Poyet out" or variations thereof is the extent of their contribution. It is tiresome.

Fortunately, the club appears to be run sensibly and not in a knee-jerk reaction way, like so many others recently. If you look at the 5 year plan, we got into this league a year ahead of schedule, so this is effectively our first year in the Champs according to the plan, so things are on track. Our long term future is far rosier than most. But this will not appease those in this world who want everything, now.

I certainly don't want everything now, but a few goals and the odd win might be nice.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
In the old days, it was a great unifying forum where people shared sensible views - now it just seems to be dominated by moronic attention-seekers.

I remember one sensible view back in 2004 but think that was about it. Other than that it's always been full of moronic attention seekers. Plus ca change.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Not the performance. The moaners. You'd think from reading NSC's thread titles that the Albion fans were in open revolt, everyone hates Poyet and we have some right to expect to be a top 6 team. Thankfully, it's just the same short-sighted numpties banging on time and again or fans whose football experience has previously extended to watching Chelsea on Sky and listening to Adrian Durham. Not representative at all of the vast, vast majority of fans. I'm starting to think NSC has served it's purpose really. In the old days, it was a great unifying forum where people shared sensible views - now it just seems to be dominated by moronic attention-seekers. Unbearable unless we've won handsomely.
100% correct...I suppose it is modern culture these days,they expect nigh on instant success,we are nowhere near ready for promotion and tonight we were beaten by a very good team,hit the goals on the breakaway. If by some chance we got to the play offs,the "Poyet out merchants would be singing his praises....it's called We are winning, hurray....or we are losing....Poyet out!....fickle!

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

The trouble is people quote the 5 year plan. Any plan must include progression, meaning moving forward to the end goal. The problem is that we have had players such as Noone and Murray who were seen as surplus to requirements and sold. It seems that their careers have taken off and both are doing well. In this window if we sell players such as CMS and Buckley and the same happens, do we then start to look at the manager? People keep going on about players fitting in to his system. Wher is the flexibility in that to allow for teams that have and use different tactics against us. IMO the team lacks pace from the back to the forwards. We simply do not get the ball forward quick enough and allow sides to park the so called bus, in turn we do not have the quality players to unlock defences. We can not come from behind to win games. We can not create any chance from
corners or free kicks and until recently we had a 50/50 chance of scoring a penalty. This has been the same old problem all season and it seems Gus has not addressed it. How is it that we are shit at corners? It is very clear to a lot of people that we are not improving as we are going backwards this season,our home record is not goog enough.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
It appears to me, to be a case of; empty vessels make the most noise!
There must be a vast, silent minority who, while knowing we need to change things a bit, also realise that Gus is more than capable of sorting this or at least deserves the chance to try.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The trouble is people quote the 5 year plan. Any plan must include progression, meaning moving forward to the end goal. The problem is that we have had players such as Noone and Murray who were seen as surplus to requirements and sold. It seems that their careers have taken off and both are doing well. In this window if we sell players such as CMS and Buckley and the same happens, do we then start to look at the manager? People keep going on about players fitting in to his system. Wher is the flexibility in that to allow for teams that have and use different tactics against us. IMO the team lacks pace from the back to the forwards. We simply do not get the ball forward quick enough and allow sides to park the so called bus, in turn we do not have the quality players to unlock defences. We can not come from behind to win games. We can not create any chance from
corners or free kicks and until recently we had a 50/50 chance of scoring a penalty. This has been the same old problem all season and it seems Gus has not addressed it. How is it that we are shit at corners? It is very clear to a lot of people that we are not improving as we are going backwards this season,our home record is not goog enough.

Re:Craig Noone. You have three very good wingers plus other back-ups. A club wants to pay substantial money for one of them (who is talented but often not worth a regular place in the side given the other options), raising funds/reducing wage bill and freeing up money for other signings. What do you do? It's a no-brainer. Good luck to Noone who has done well at Cardiff but we got decent money or him and, at the time, it was a sensible move for everyone.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
You also have the right to keep your £35 in your pocket and to do something else. Stability in a football club leads to success - moronic bandwaggon jumping doesn't. We are not far off being a very good side and Gus has earned the right to get things sorted.

Chelsea aren't exactly stabile and they're pretty successful...I mean the current European club champions! Of you want a lower league example then look at Norwich. Nah, your line of argument doesn't always stack up. Far from it. And Gus has been with us a lifetime in footballing terms. Dario Gradi he ain't though!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
It appears to me, to be a case of; empty vessels make the most noise!
There must be a vast, silent minority who, while knowing we need to change things a bit, also realise that Gus is more than capable of sorting this or at least deserves the chance to try.

The vast majority in fairness don't give a shit. More interested in pies and getting home early.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Yes, they are all valid points. The point about progression towards a plan is that it is best done 2 steps forwards, 1 step back. From most accounts this year, we have improved certain areas, others not. Gus knows this and has talked a lot about it. Gus does change things, they don't always work. He is learning and anyone will tell you, the best way to learn is from mistakes and defeats - had we been walzing this league, we would get a HUGE rude awakening when we get to the Prem. But to say that we are not progressing in terms of the long term plan is not correct, in my opinion.

The answer to all of this is to stick with what you do best and change other things. This will not be done by dumping a visionary manager half way through a plan that, for the most part, is working. It is frustrating and disappointing, Gus is the most frustrated and disappointed of us all, but I have seen nothing in him yet to say that he cannot adapt and move us forward. As for Gus not addressing things, for most games this season, we have created lots of chances but not put them away - last night we came unstuck against a very good, well drilled team and we looked poor due to lack of creativity going forward and a very slow central defence. Gus will change things, not overnight, but he will do it, I am certain.

Patience is required - something that football in general does not have a lot of, unless you look at the most successful side in the country.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We're only a good manager away from being quite a good side.

I wonder if Forest, Blackburn and Bolton thought the same? Palace have slidden down the table since Holloway took over, who was doing well at Blackpool who are also going downhill.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
People are entitled to come on here and let off steam after watching their dispirited team get outplayed and deservedly beaten. They're entitled to question the manager's decisions (both tactical and transfer) and wonder where the next win's coming from. It doesn't make them negative moaners per se, just people who care and can't just dismiss another defeat by saying "oh well we lost, never mind, it's only a game and look how far we've come!"

On the other hand some DO need to reign it in a bit. In our first full season under Gus we became a good League One team and in our second we became a mid-table championship team. It doesn't automatically follow that in the third we should become a top Championship team. Football, as in life, is often a case of two steps forward and one back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here