Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Same old, same old....

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Not the performance. The moaners. You'd think from reading NSC's thread titles that the Albion fans were in open revolt, everyone hates Poyet and we have some right to expect to be a top 6 team. Thankfully, it's just the same short-sighted numpties banging on time and again or fans whose football experience has previously extended to watching Chelsea on Sky and listening to Adrian Durham. Not representative at all of the vast, vast majority of fans. I'm starting to think NSC has served it's purpose really. In the old days, it was a great unifying forum where people shared sensible views - now it just seems to be dominated by moronic attention-seekers. Unbearable unless we've won handsomely.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is all about expectation, some fans expect a lot more than others

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A totally wank performance shown all over the world , wouldn't you honestly be moaning ???

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Not the performance. The moaners. You'd think from reading NSC's thread titles that the Albion fans were in open revolt, everyone hates Poyet and we have some right to expect to be a top 6 team. Thankfully, it's just the same short-sighted numpties banging on time and again or fans whose football experience has previously extended to watching Chelsea on Sky and listening to Adrian Durham. Not representative at all of the vast, vast majority of fans. I'm starting to think NSC has served it's purpose really. In the old days, it was a great unifying forum where people shared sensible views - now it just seems to be dominated by moronic attention-seekers. Unbearable unless we've won handsomely.

Well, don't bother reading it then. Same old same ol for me describes the appologists for whom the Club can do no wrong.

simballs

Jun 11, 2012
Southwick

One of the best posts ever!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

So you think that was an acceptable performance tonight then ??? and also think 3-wins in 18 games is good as well ??

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
So you think that was an acceptable performance tonight then ??? and also think 3-wins in 18 games is good as well ??

Nobody thinks 3 wins in 18 games is "good" but we don't lose many either. We played a good side in excellent form and were missing our best player this season. We couldn't stick the ball in the net and are lacking confidence in front of goal especially at The Amex, where some fans now create a fairly negative atmosphere (by, for instance, booing at the final whistle).

I'd say we deserve to be about where we are in the table and, if the team building is able to continue, we may still push towards the top. If we can't land a free-scoring striker (which is always easier said than done) then we will probably finish mid-table.

And that, for a team in their 2nd season in the Championship, would not be too bad. Certainly not worth constantly whining about.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Well, don't bother reading it then. Same old same ol for me describes the appologists for whom the Club can do no wrong.

Apologists or those who don't think that we have a god given right to become world beaters overnight just because we have got a new stadium and are playing in front of bigger crowds as some on here expect us to be.

Apologists or people who realise that things take time and don't panic or worry excessively if we arn't running away with the league rather than think that if we arn't doing that straight away, then we will end up losing our fans and be relegated / doomed forever. Apologists or people who realise that miracles don't happen overnight and patience is key.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Nobody thinks 3 wins in 18 games is "good" but we don't lose many either. We played a good side in excellent form and were missing our best player this season. We couldn't stick the ball in the net and are lacking confidence in front of goal especially at The Amex, where some fans now create a fairly negative atmosphere (by, for instance, booing at the final whistle).

I'd say we deserve to be about where we are in the table and, if the team building is able to continue, we may still push towards the top. If we can't land a free-scoring striker (which is always easier said than done) then we will probably finish mid-table.

And that, for a team in their 2nd season in the Championship, would not be too bad. Certainly not worth constantly whining about.

I do not think its just a striker we need. We need to find some pace, sides let our defenders have the ball and sit back. They struggle and spend a lot of the time passing the ball sideways or backwards. I think it is shortsighted to think a striker is the answer. CMS has 10 goals and we are mid way through the season. You would expect a striker to get at least 20+ a season, so he is not doing to bad. The formation needs to change and the mid fielders need to be more creative and start scoring some goals as well.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

Same old rose tinted, spec wearing, gus arse licking fans like yourself need to wind your neck in, you are in a minority now. If you think that was worth £35 of my hard earned money then you are wrong. After todays shambolic attempt i and every other fan has the right to vent their anger. If you dont like then go somewhere else or ignore

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I do not think its just a striker we need. We need to find some pace, sides let our defenders have the ball and sit back. They struggle and spend a lot of the time passing the ball sideways or backwards. I think it is shortsighted to think a striker is the answer. CMS has 10 goals and we are mid way through the season. You would expect a striker to get at least 20+ a season, so he is not doing to bad. The formation needs to change and the mid fielders need to be more creative and start scoring some goals as well.

Totally agree with this, Butkus Gus's the man to make these changes or is he just too stuck in his ways?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I'm surprised anyone expected anything else really. Four weeks ago, we were missing chances by the sack full. Now we are not even missing the chances because we aren't creating them. It's been getting worse and worse for weeks now and today was total shit.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Everyone has a different opinion. I am happy with how we are performing in the league, 10th is good for us at this stage. We have no need to panic and though I have been critical of Kuszczak, the fact we're talking about players like this is testament to how far we've come in the last few years. We have no real problems, not scoring goals is something we can address by changing tactics (in theory, no threat of it so far!). Appreciating where we've come from is important, but we have every right to be disappointed tonight.

I love the club and won't apologise for being disappointed by defeats, especially the joint worst at the Amex...

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I'm surprised anyone expected anything else really. Four weeks ago, we were missing chances by the sack full. Now we are not even missing the chances because we aren't creating them. It's been getting worse and worse for weeks now and today was total shit.
Exactly this. And instead of the baling the water out we seem to be making the hole bigger... No compasion, little creativity, sloppy over/under hit passing and if it wasn't for penalties we could probably play for 5 hours and be lucky to score. Have we even scored from a header this season by the way? We must have had literally hundreds of crosses and corners this season but can't even think of anyone who's scored from a header (or even a corner coming to think of it?)

If we refuse to play down the middle then this is something that seriously needs fixing

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It is all about expectation, some fans expect a lot more than others

And with the SQUAD we have I do.

Dont get me wrong with Virgo, Santos, Oatway, Mayo, Frutos and Trolley and Dan Marney im happy to be bottom But with who we have its NOT good enough. Thats the bottom line.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Same old rose tinted, spec wearing, gus arse licking fans like yourself need to wind your neck in, you are in a minority now. If you think that was worth £35 of my hard earned money then you are wrong. After todays shambolic attempt i and every other fan has the right to vent their anger. I f you dont like then go somewhere else or ignore

You also have the right to keep your £35 in your pocket and to do something else. Stability in a football club leads to success - moronic bandwaggon jumping doesn't. We are not far off being a very good side and Gus has earned the right to get things sorted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here