Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Vokes

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
He is close to signing for a club and Andy Naylor said he wouldn't be surprised if he was to join us based on our budget.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Meh, I wouldn't mind so much if it was around £200,000 but £500,000 is very expensive for a player who was quite average in our team last season.

D

Deleted member 18477

Be a bit disappointed if he was our striker signing.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
He is close to signing for a club and Andy Naylor said he wouldn't be surprised if he was to join us based on our budget.
We haven't spent any money yet and the budget is roughly the same as last season so gus says,i know Bruno and bridge and kooshy must be on a fair wad though.Really should be looking to trim the squad down ???

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
please Gus NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Would be a good solid squad player, surely?

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I think last season showed, he isn't the striker to take us towards promotion. Good squad player no doubt, but I want to see Hoskins a lot more this season.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Underwhelming if true.

This post got me thinking we use 'underwhelmed' and 'overwhelmed' but you never hear plain 'whelmed'. Apparently 'to whelm' means 'to engulf, submerge or bury.' Thought I'd share.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
What would Naylor know about our playing budget? He get's told nothing anymore.

Anyway, I'm in a minority. I would like to see Vokes signed on - a good option to have on the bench and is only going to get better and strong at just 22 years old.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No, Sam "target man" Vokes... the one with the potential to give us, in Gus' words, something different, i.e. a plan B...

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
If gus does want to sign him, in my opinion, CMS and Hoskins would be a better front line than CMS and Vokes?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If Hoskins is going I wouldn't be surprised. If Hoskins is staying I don't really see the point.

Think Vokes will go to Burnley

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If Vokes isn't good enough for Wolves, he isn't good enough for us. Don't do it Gus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here