Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Vokes Up For Sale

KRJ7

Jun 1, 2012
Just read on TeamTalk.com that Vokes has been tranfer listing. Not surprising really. I think he would be a good backup target man but i doubt after a long spell on the sidelines that he would want to play second fiddle somewhere else for the next 3 years.

For under £500k though can you afford not to?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just read on TeamTalk.com that Vokes has been tranfer listing. Not surprising really. I think he would be a good backup target man but i doubt after a long spell on the sidelines that he would want to play second fiddle somewhere else for the next 3 years.

For under £500k though can you afford not to?

For under £500K?

not going to be that cheap and even if he were I would have a long hard think about what else is available. It's still a lot to pay for a squad player

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think he'll do quite well somewhere once he finds somewhere where he actually plays. I think we can do a bit better than him though, although I wouldn't be too disappointed if we did sign him.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I think he'll do quite well somewhere once he finds somewhere where he actually plays. I think we can do a bit better than him though, although I wouldn't be too disappointed if we did sign him.

This.
3 goals in 14 appearances (several as substitute) and he's only 22 so still has lots to learn.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Solid mid table Championship player, IMO. Would do well at a club aspiring to be considered as such next season: Barnsley, Palace, Peterbrough, Millwall or Bristol City.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If Vokes is not good enough for Wolves, he's not good enough for us. Simples really.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Barnes, CMS, Balmy, Agdestein

We're already covered in that position - but we're also likely to bring someone in with serious quality.

So no thanks.

Does Balmy play up front as well? Feel a bit sorry for the lad, clearly a very talented footballer, as already stated, I reckon he'd tear league 1 apart.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Barnes, CMS, Balmy, Agdestein

We're already covered in that position - but we're also likely to bring someone in with serious quality.

So no thanks.

Hoskins? Even so, I think he would be above Balmy (an attacking midfielder in the Vicente role) and Adgestein (a young player looking to develop).

However, I think we should be aiming for a first choice, not a 3rd/4th choice at this stage which Vokes would be in my opinion.

I liked Vokes but I feel we would have been settling for less.

Its a bit like the Mattock/Bridge situation last season. Bridge was first choice but unavailable to we settled for Mattock, our main target striker was unavailable to we settled for Vokes. In LB, you can settle for slightly less, for a top end Championship forward, you can't.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This has been mentioned on here so many times but he is not the answer as he is not as good as many and no better than what we have at the moment so would be no improvement to our squad.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
He should go back to Ballmouth. They are a team on the up and he would be beast in League 1

Agreed, I reckon he'd get about 30 goals and that would increase his value massively (although it shouldn't) to about £3m. Prices for lower league players are so inflated nowadays, but if it's beneficial to Sam then I don't see why he shouldn't do it.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I wouldn't be against it for the right price, think he needs to play somewhere consistently and he'll do a good job in the championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here