Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Hammam coming our way?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Here's a flier for you....

Sam Hammam looks like he's be about to step down at Cardiff, apparently because he's fed up of waiting for council backing to build a new stadium.

So you'd think he may just want to invest in a club with lots of potential, council backing and planning permission for a ground (hopefully) in the not too distant future.

He's been at Albion home matches twice already this season, and I couldn't think of a reason (unless Cardiff were taking a look at Dean Cox). He's also London based.

Of course, the down side of this is that Cardiff have gone 30 million into debt since he's been there... so it may not be good news, if it's news at all.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Basil Fawlty said:
Why would he though? He aint a scout or anything like that, he is just a business man.

But if he was releasing funds for a player he'd surely want to see them play first.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Basil Fawlty said:
I don't think he works like that.

He likes to interfere in the playing side quite a lot as his Wimbledon days show. He was also talking about how he wanted to bring Clinton Morrison to Cardiff.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
El Turi said:
He was in hospitality for the Blackpool game but must just be looking at players?

He was also there earlier in the season. Which would mean he'd have to be looking at Albion players in that case. Cox... possible? Lynch... doubtful, as Cardiff are well off for defenders.

If you were top of the Championship, would you be that interested in any of our players? For the Chairman to be watching would suggest an imminent signing.... doesn't seem likely to me.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Basil Fawlty said:
Why would he though? He aint a scout or anything like that, he is just a business man.

Just a businessman?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Sam Hammam has been in the football business for over 30 years. That business includes buying and selling players (obviously). He watches a huge amount of games every season.

When he was at Withdean for the recent Brighton v Crewe game, he was focussing his attention on Crewe's young right-back Billy Jones.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
trueblue said:
Sam Hammam looks like he's be about to step down at Cardiff, apparently because he's fed up of waiting for council backing to build a new stadium.

:lolol: :lolol:

He'd love it here then!!!

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
I've seem him twice at Withdean this season, bit odd for the Chairman to be scouting and checking players out (unless its Dick Knight of course :lolol: )

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
burrish gull said:
I've seem him twice at Withdean this season, bit odd for the Chairman to be scouting and checking players out

It may be odd for many chairmen, but it's not at all odd for Sam Hammam. He watches an incredible amount of games every season.

Read today in the League Paper about Hammam's cancer fight over the last year? Is that news, it's the first time I've heard it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here