Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sainsburys London Road RIP

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Another month, another major store shuts up shop in London Road.

As of today, there's a wizzy new Sainsburys up the hill in *cough* The New England Quarter, and the boarding-up firms have already moved in on the former store in London Road.

I'm sure the council must have a grand game plan for London Road, but I'm equally sure I've not seen any details of one.

Anybody know what the current council thinking is?

Or will they just leave it to rot for twenty years like they do with most things?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Mr Banana said:
I want to know what's gonna happen to the West Indian dude who sells the Big Issue outside.

He's one of my best mates.

we've had a new big issue seller with dreads arrive at the co op in 7 dials the last couple of days, nice bloke, got a daughter called Lily, wonder if its him

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Mr Banana said:
I want to know what's gonna happen to the West Indian dude who sells the Big Issue outside.

He is a legend!!RASTA!!!!:bowdown:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Mr Banana said:

Well you can tell him from me he's a cheating scamming bastard :angry:

It's 'Aw, man, this is the last copy I got left, it's a long walk for me to get some more' hoping you'll just give him the dosh anyway. Either that or he flogs you last week's issue. Every single time. twattwattwattwat.

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I heard that there is a big big investment planned for the open market.

I will try to find a link to the page.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Drumstick said:

Cheers :thumbsup:

Well, that's the Open Market sorted then. Might drag some of the incomers into a part of town they probably never knew was there.

But the Open Market is off the main London Road. It's what next happens to the road itself that will be interesting. Make or break time for London Road really. Still say the council should have fully pedestrianised it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Knock all london road down and build a football stadium there!!!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Tom Hark said:
Still say the council should have fully pedestrianised it.

Oh no the road are busy enough without enougher closing!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Knock all london road down and build a football stadium there!!!

That would seem to be the right and proper thing to do.....if the East Brighton Community Stadium near Falmer goes tits up.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
maffew said:
we've had a new big issue seller with dreads arrive at the co op in 7 dials the last couple of days, nice bloke, got a daughter called Lily, wonder if its him

He buys crack and smack from a car near my house.........lovely fella if you like that kinda thing!!

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Tom Hark said:
Another month, another major store shuts up shop in London Road.

As of today, there's a wizzy new Sainsburys up the hill in *cough* The New England Quarter, and the boarding-up firms have already moved in on the former store in London Road.

I'm sure the council must have a grand game plan for London Road, but I'm equally sure I've not seen any details of one.

Anybody know what the current council thinking is?

Or will they just leave it to rot for twenty years like they do with most things?

Sell it to Chris Eubank for £1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here