Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sainsbury Security Tag Chickens!

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
What is the world coming to when you have to security tag frozen chickens.

Eastbourne sainsbury's are security tagging frozen birds due to high theft rate.

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
no problem at all but christ a lot of work over a bird that costs probably £2-£3 to sainsburys

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You say 'What's the WORLD coming to?'

I think you meant to write 'What's EASTBOURNE coming to?'

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm sure they are flying off the shelves...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With modern technology you would think that it would be simple to extend the bar codes to incorporate a security tag thus making shoplifting much more difficult.

It doesnt stop some of the chavs in Asda Hollingbury walking around eating a chicken from the hot counter and giving it to their children also. Apparently ASDA or any company can do nothing about that until the person leaves the store because they may keep the wrapper and pay for it at the checkout.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Believe it or not, meat is one of the most frequently stolen products from supermarkets.

The main thing I deal with in terms of shoplifters is DVD boxsets, but after that, it's bottles of spirits, followed by meat.

A few weeks ago I collected an individual who'd half inched about £150.00 worth of chicken and steak from a supermarket in town, and asked her out of curiosity what she planned to do with them. She told me she could stand outside a certain pub in Brighton- I won't tell you the name, you could probably guess- and flog the whole lot in a couple of minutes.

So if, while you're knocking back a pint with mates, some scruffy individual sidles up and offers you a nice bit of sirloin at a bargain price, you know where it's probably come from
:lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There was a chap in Epsom some years ago, known as Northern Darren who when arrested told police that he was a proffesional shoplifter and he used to go into the local pubs and take orders for Sunday joint then go and nick them and sell them at half the marked price. He was eventually barred from all the shops in Epsom unless accompanied by a security guard, and he still managed to nick meat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here