Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Safeways mates are on the march.....

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/breaking_news/7905172.htm

100 Men in NYC Seek Right to Wear Skirts
Associated Press

NEW YORK - About 100 men in minis, midis and even tutus took to the streets of Manhattan to call for an end to the tyranny of trousers.

"We're not transvestites, homosexuals or cross-dressers," David Johnson told the New York Times for Sunday editions. "We don't want you to call us Jean or Sally. We're men. Men who want the right to wear a skirt."

Johnson, a retired teacher from Poughkeepsie, N.Y., and the other pants opposers walked several blocks from the Guggenheim Museum to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, where they visited an exhibit called "Bravehearts: Men in Skirts." Their presence attracted confused looks from a few fellow visitors.

Ingemar Johnsson, 39, came from Sweden to join the march Saturday. He told the Times that men in Europe often wore skirts and pantaloons until the time of the French Revolution, when pants became the expected masculine attire. Others pointed out that Scottish men have donned kilts for centuries.

"The male bird is always the pretty one, not the female," another participant, 27-year-old Chris Taylor, told the Times. "Why can't the male human being dress with style and color?"

-----------------------------------------------------------

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Was scandinavian seagull there too ?
:wave:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
looney said:
"We're not transvestites, homosexuals or cross-dressers," David Johnson told the New York Times for Sunday editions. "We don't want you to call us Jean or Sally. We're men. Men who want the right to wear a skirt."

That is a CLASSIC quote.
:lolol:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Easy, if you'd put that story up there is NO way I would have thought it was for real. It reads like one of your "press releases".

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Easy, if you'd put that story up there is NO way I would have thought it was for real. It reads like one of your "press releases".
If only I could be that inventive. :D

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
they dont want to be called Jean? what about Jean Luc, preferably Jean Luc Picard of the starship Enterprise :)

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
There's a geezer here where I work who wears dresses and skirts to work. A right wierdo.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
tinx said:
There's a geezer here where I work who wears dresses and skirts to work. A right wierdo.

I heard he passes you everytime you walk past a mirror...that correct Tinxy Winxy Pudding & Pie,?

:p

Lush

Mods' Pet
ooooooo a chance to post another Morten Harket pic

mhbwstwsmall.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here