Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Safe!!!

WalsallFan

Sep 20, 2008
Hi Saddler. Looks like he thinks anywhere north of Watford is up north! He might not be far off with the slum comment though, because I remember the walk from the town centre to Fellows Park took me through one of the worst areas I've ever been to!

And whys that? Lmao

Not unless they slash the prices. I've not been to a match for over a year now, but used to go to 15-20 Albion away matches each season. I refuse to contribute to the ridiculous wages. I can remember when the travel costs were the main expense, the admission price being incidental. Now it's the other way round.

WalsallFan

Sep 20, 2008
Not unless they slash the prices. I've not been to a match for over a year now, but used to go to 15-20 Albion away matches each season. I refuse to contribute to the ridiculous wages. I can remember when the travel costs were the main expense, the admission price being incidental. Now it's the other way round.

No chance of that happening lol

I've been twice before, including the FL Trophy match when we put out a weakened team. On my only visit to Fellows Park I hitch-hiked, but couldn't get back from that Sat match - ended up sleeping on Derby Rail Station! Saw the match v.Carlisle which ended 5-4, although I can't remember who to!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Fair play to your boys yesterday, they worked their socks off to get the victory. They must have had a right laugh at how predictable we were - constantly pumping high balls into your box for your CB's to deal with or Ince to catch all day long. Of course, that was the right tactic from us though as you quite clearly have a team full of midgets ;)

Stand out player for me was Gerrard.
Also thought Ibehre looked pretty good. Agree though that he would have gone for second yellow for leading with his elbow if you weren't already down to 9 men.

First red card was definitely correct. He was late, high, and reckless. Second one was a joke though. Even a yellow would have been harsh.

Overall, it's hard to gauge how good/bad Walsall are as the sendings off meant they had to just sit back and soak up pressure - hence we didn't see anything of what they can do with the ball.

Basically ditto that.

However I'd add that your lot defended well, soaked up time and pressure, and took the goal well.

It was a game that underlined, for me, how hopeless we really are at the moment. If the team didn't come up with anything more than a barrage of 50/50 balls into a crowded box, then the manager was completely to be blamed for his cluelessness.

It's so easy to just say "the ball should have been played on the ground, and forget about the stupid high ball into the keeper's hands".......so I'll just ask why couldn't Adams have said that?

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
Hey, alright lads and lasses, I'm a Walsall Fan as you may have guessed from my username but what did you think of the Saddlers's team and players? Any you like the look of and would sign? What do you think of the sendings off, honest opinions were they red cards?

Cheers
WalsallFan

P.S. I'm not here for an arguement or banter, I'm after your opinions on Walsall Football Club and todays match. Hopefully you'll accept me on here.

go away nause!!

this board is for arguments and banter ONLY!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
1st, defo a red. 2nd a yellow but your keeper should of gone for handling outside the area!

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
I find it an interesting coincidence that both teams local to me from uni were reduced to nine men and still won. Yourselves and Wolves. :lolol:

Yes but Wolves were already 3-0 up and are the best side in the league. Walsall are crap and the game had barely started.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
The truth is we were saving ourselves for the Carling Cup game midweek, we should have no trouble with Man City as Portsmouth should run them ragged today.
Forget what I said as I have just heard the final score.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here