Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Safe standing in the North stand next season ....?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The North stand is one of the smallest and least intimidating home end in the division. It would make more sense to make it bigger rather than making it look like the all-standing home end at Stockport or Barrow.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
'Safe standing in the North stand'

Was that Debbie Harry's follow-up to French Kissing in the USA?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The North stand is one of the smallest and least intimidating home end in the division. It would make more sense to make it bigger rather than making it look like the all-standing home end at Stockport or Barrow.
You think the home end is bad at Barrow - this is the 'other' end (not the away end, as that's next to the home area). You have to look carefully to see the goal. Those windows are the bar, and the 'Corporate Hospitality Suite' is next to them. Although actually that suite hasn't actually got windows and you can't see the pitch from it, to get to the pitch for your 'hospitality seats' (in the freezing cold wind straight off the sea) you have to walk through the gym.

1726350839462.png

The new home end behind the goal is vastly improved, they put a roof on it a season or two ago.
1726351067688.png

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
I do wonder about this. At which point does the Amex be seen as out of date. I am struggling to think of many grounds with no safe standing now. It's a strange one. Even Bournemouth have it ffs. I don't think the "can't afford it" line stacks up
It’s nothing to do with wasting money or cost , barber has stated he doesn’t want it as it doesn’t fit in with the clubs philosophy on focusing on family’s

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here