Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saddam Hussein swinging footage (NSFW)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
British Bulldog said:
Well it got rid of him so it cant be all bad.

but the problem is "where does it stop"

you can look around and name 1000's of people who should be hanged....doesnt make it right though

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
He just got the punishment he deserved according to Iraqi law, It would be very easy for people to look at the video's and feel sorry for him but just look at the person he was and the evil acts he commited. The bloke was just pure evil and the world is better off without him.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
British Bulldog said:
He just got the punishment he deserved according to Iraqi law, It would be very easy for people to look at the video's and feel sorry for him but just look at the person he was and the evil acts he commited. The bloke was just pure evil and the world is better off without him.

which is exactly my point.

Amnesty international recon the trail was unfair and the result flawed. They are the arbiters or conscience of this world if you like, and with all the murders and genocide comitted in his name, if they still think it was unsafe, then it should be something we all should be concerned about.

I agree what you say about Iraqi law, and it is the same in most Middle eastern countries, which is why we must not interfere in these countries if we expect them to behave in the way we regard as civilised.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Dave the Gaffer said:

Amnesty international recon the trail was unfair and the result flawed. They are the arbiters or conscience of this world if you like, and with all the murders and genocide comitted in his name, if they still think it was unsafe, then it should be something we all should be concerned about.

I agree what you say about Iraqi law, and it is the same in most Middle eastern countries, which is why we must not interfere in these countries if we expect them to behave in the way we regard as civilised.

As long as we are consistent in our policies concerning these despots then I have no problem.
We meaning - United nations and not United States.

So next stop China.............. for Tibet
Burma..............
Indnesia............... East Timur
Russia.................Chechnia

Of course that cannot happen but a little bit of haste in The Sudan might not go amiss.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Dave the Gaffer said:

Sadam's death warrant was signed the minute he was captured it was just a matter of going through the process of trial, sentence and execution. Whether people see it as right or wrong is up to them but i'll not shed a tear for him he got what he deserved. I'm not sure Amnesty international's use of the word "Unfair" is something Sadam would've understood anyway.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
British Bulldog said:
Sadam's death warrant was signed the minute he was captured it was just a matter of going through the process of trial, sentence and execution. Whether people see it as right or wrong is up to them but i'll not shed a tear for him he got what he deserved. I'm not sure Amnesty international's use of the word "Unfair" is something Sadam would've understood anyway.

but he was "captured" by americans!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
just seen on bbc,mobile phone footage,wasnt like was said in the papers was it?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Dave the Gaffer said:

Luckily, I still have enough thoughts of my own and I really don,t need Amnesty International to represent my conscience. I,m not concerned at all what they think.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Dave the Gaffer said:

Does it really matter who captured him? He was captured and faced the punishment befitting his crimes. I take it your not in favour of the death penalty then?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
British Bulldog said:

I would have liked to have seen him tried for the crimes against the Kurds.
I mean these were the crimes we were continuously told were the justification for our invasion of Iraq after we could not find the WMD`S.
So heinous were these crimes that no pressure was bought by the international communities to see him stand trial over them.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Questions said:
As long as we are consistent in our policies concerning these despots then I have no problem.
We meaning - United nations and not United States.

So next stop China.............. for Tibet
Burma..............
Indnesia............... East Timur
Russia.................Chechnia

Of course that cannot happen but a little bit of haste in The Sudan might not go amiss.
U forgot Rodesia

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Questions said:
I would have liked to have seen him tried for the crimes against the Kurds.
I mean these were the crimes we were continuously told were the justification for our invasion of Iraq after we could not find the WMD`S.
So heinous were these crimes that no pressure was bought by the international communities to see him stand trial over them.

I'd like to have seen him tried for all his crimes but that would've taken so long he may never have been brought to justice before he died of old age. A lot of people will feel cheated that he was never tried for them but at the end of the day he could only hang once.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
British Bulldog said:
I'd like to have seen him tried for all his crimes but that would've taken so long he may never have been brought to justice before he died of old age. A lot of people will feel cheated that he was never tried for them but at the end of the day he could only hang once.

Rubbish.................. you never seen a bungee hanging.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Dave the Gaffer said:

If you believe that

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well if they didn't want him to become a martyr they royally f*cked up there didn't there.

His executors acting with less dignity than him at the time of death.

.. and filmed on a mobile phone.

I didn't really know much about Saddam until a bought a book about his life a few years ago.

No coincidence that some of his crimes weren't prosecuted because the witnesses called would have had some very embarrassing things to say about the Western Governments including our own.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
clapham_gull said:
Well if they didn't want him to become a martyr they royally f*cked up there didn't there.

His executurs acting with less dignity than him at the time of death.

.. and filmed on a mobile phone.

I didn't really know much about Saddam until a bought a book about his life a few years ago.

No cooincidence that some of his crimes weren't prosecuted because the witnesses called would have had some very embarressing things to say about the Western Governments including our own.

Some bad spelling there chap:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here