Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saddam Hussein Execution - His Finest Hour

sir danny cullip said:
Bravery? What about his actions makes you see bravery? I just saw someone about to get killed, knowing they had no choice in the matter. I'm sure he has accepted since he was captured that the game was up and he was going to eventually be killed.

I have no time for saddam and never have had from the early days of his CIA supported rule. But can you imagine how bliar or bush would have reacted in the same situation. They wouldn't have mustered a fraction of saddam's apparent sang froid between them.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Yet another almighty f*** up in the biggest global f*** up of my lifetime.

Its now become obvious to me that Iraqis cant govern themselves and the coutnry has been even more destabalised by Saddams hanging and the ridiculous manner in which this occured and has been subsequently leaked.

Saddam was a bastard, but I honestly dont think anyone in power in that country has the capability of ruling democratically or fairly. I think the best they can hope for is a watered down Saddam part 2 who can rule by fear to keep some resemblence of order. At least if you towed the line in Saddams Iraq you could go shopping without being blown to pieces.

The regional clerics now running parts of Iraq are doing exactly what Saddam did by torturing and murdering their enemies, we have actually made things worse imo.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Uncle Spielberg said:
Most people would have been a gibbering wreck

Not true. I once read the autobiography of Albert Pierrepoint, the most famous of our hangmen and he noted that the overwhelming majority of those sentneced to death walked willingly and with dignity to the gallows.

I'm sure Saddam had enough time to get used to the idea of his own execution.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Albion Dan said:
Yet another almighty f*** up in the biggest global f*** up of my lifetime.

Its now become obvious to me that Iraqis cant govern themselves and the coutnry has been even more destabalised by Saddams hanging and the ridiculous manner in which this occured and has been subsequently leaked.

Saddam was a bastard, but I honestly dont think anyone in power in that country has the capability of ruling democratically or fairly. I think the best they can hope for is a watered down Saddam part 2 who can rule by fear to keep some resemblence of order. At least if you towed the line in Saddams Iraq you could go shopping without being blown to pieces.

The regional clerics now running parts of Iraq are doing exactly what Saddam did by torturing and murdering their enemies, we have actually made things worse imo.

That's what I was thinking, what they really need is another dictator!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
What's happened to Saddam? I hope he got the innocent verdict and has been thoroughly vindicated.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Rangdo said:
What's happened to Saddam? I hope he got the innocent verdict and has been thoroughly vindicated.

He got a suspended sentence!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
British Bulldog said:
He got a suspended sentence!

Phew. Glad to hear it. At one point they really seemed to be hanging onto that verdict. Thought it would never come.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Rangdo said:
Phew. Glad to hear it. At one point they really seemed to be hanging onto that verdict. Thought it would never come.

They certainly strung it out a bit.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
British Bulldog said:
They certainly strung it out a bit.

you`re not roping me in on this one.

readingstockport said:
I have no time for saddam and never have had from the early days of his CIA supported rule. But can you imagine how bliar or bush would have reacted in the same situation. They wouldn't have mustered a fraction of saddam's apparent sang froid between them.
I would not say that's a more honourable trait though. Perhaps he is just more used to the brutality of death and execution.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Questions said:
you`re not roping me in on this one.

For god's sake don't be so uptight. Noosen up a bit.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Rangdo said:
For god's sake don't be so uptight. Noosen up a bit.

I`ll swing for you I will.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
readingstockport said:

What,s to be frightened of when you believe you,re going to a better place...?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
readingstockport said:

He had Sang froid. Didn`t think they ate Chinese food.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here