Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sad to see

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I feel much worse for Coventry fans. There were 9,000 when I went up there for the cup game. There's less hope for them than Forest.

To be fair, the FA Cup isn't much of an attraction these days, it's just another expense for season ticket holders to fork out for in tough times, and for another Championship side, a game against Southampton lacks glamour, was always likely to result in defeat, and just wasn't remotely appealing. I don't mean that to be a gratuitous dig at Saints, it's just the way it is. I'd have expected no different if we'd been drawn up there.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Haha - I'll concede a bit of identikit, but out of town?!? It's only a mile!

Yes, the Foxes are wannabaes, the uncool kids at the school disco. Unfortunately though, they have a nasty habit of inflicting public, embarrassing and important defeats on us.....

You see, there's a funny thing. I prefer Pride Park to Leicester and Southampton. I'm not saying it's going to win any design awards, but it does look way better from the outside than either of the other two, and inside is slightly improved too.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
You see, there's a funny thing. I prefer Pride Park to Leicester and Southampton. I'm not saying it's going to win any design awards, but it does look way better from the outside than either of the other two, and inside is slightly improved too.

Oh, I think it's definitely more interesting than those two, but a little too similar to Middlesborough..... That said the outside of PPS is just one massive advertising hoarding now!

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
To be fair, the FA Cup isn't much of an attraction these days, it's just another expense for season ticket holders to fork out for in tough times, and for another Championship side, a game against Southampton lacks glamour, was always likely to result in defeat, and just wasn't remotely appealing. I don't mean that to be a gratuitous dig at Saints, it's just the way it is. I'd have expected no different if we'd been drawn up there.

Yeah but it's so depressing around there. All their fans speak of doom and gloom. They had these special shirts their team wore that day to commemorate their 87 success. No one was buying them. Reminded me of us in 08/09.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Anyway, back to Forest. To be honest, I can't get too bothered about them struggling: frankly I've always thought it was great for football to have the bigger clubs fall on hard times (on the pitch at least). It's a huge boost for League One to have teams who either are or think they are naturally above that level down there. Leeds, Leicester, Forest, Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, Southampton, Charlton, Stoke, Man City: all have brought decent crowds to the division, home and away. Everyone likes to see David slay Goliath, and while we would barely consider Southampton, Stoke or Charlton giants, it's nonetheless brought plenty of amusement over the years for teams like Yeovil, Stevenage and Rochdale when they've beaten them.

Coventry look like being this year's fall guys, unless something miraculous happens soon. And having seen Andy Thorn's post match interview the other day, I'm not holding out much hope of him turning things around. I only wish they'd take Pompey with them. I would bloody love watching them thrash around in the third division. Admittedly, they'd probably cry a bit about how unfair it all was, and then sign sixteen players on £20k per week to get them back up again, but it would be fun while it lasted.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've just noticed: Coventry are officially DOOMED. They've just signed Hermann Hreidarsson, aka Mr Relegation, from Pompey.

With a record-equalling five relegations in his career so far, he's 37 years old so should just about have time to make it six before he retires.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I've just noticed: Coventry are officially DOOMED. They've just signed Hermann Hreidarsson, aka Mr Relegation, from Pompey.

With a record-equalling five relegations in his career so far, he's 37 years old so should just about have time to make it six before he retires.

Nice one !

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
My Forest-supporting Bro-In-Law's gonna be a happy camper tonight. Good job he doesn't live & work in Leicester though.

Oh...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think Forest have some scoring problems

Wow!

On the subject of the thread, I don't feel any sorrow for a fallen giant. They are still plying their trade in the second tier. It is not as if they have been ripped to pieces, shredded and mulched. They'll probably find some sort of stability sooner rather than later.

However, I have never paid a great deal of attention to them. They have always been a league above Brighton since I started supporting us in 1990 and I tend to look down rather than up.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Well I share your affection for Forest Simster. I really like the City Ground - the European Cup paraded around it twice. Traditionally a good footballing club. I like to see them do well. But I will laugh if Cotterill takes them down. What a shit appointment that was. What were they thinking ?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Cotterill really is doing a magnificent job, isn't he? :D

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

He must be virtually unsackable though - at least until next season. They can't afford to pay him off and even if they did, who are they going to get in? Yes, they'll be deluged with applications from the usual failures but would anyone good go to a club who are on-the-slide and get rid of managers at the drop of a hat?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Yeah, triffick.

Actually I've been having a nose on one of the Forest sites & you can just imagine the mood. I think this particular quote just about sums up their collective thoughts concerning the future of their fearless leader (SC):

"Clueless, simpleton, needs to go walk his dog round the local pond and fall down a big hole..."

:lolol:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I've just noticed: Coventry are officially DOOMED. .

You're actually not far wrong, they are completely buggered and are probably the next football club financial basket case in waiting. They don't own their stadium and are hampered by high rent. Their income will drop massively when they get relegated and crowds will be into 4 figures, Cov is a club that's sinking faster than the Costa Concordia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here