Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sad to see

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The thing is I thought they were one of the better sides i have seen at the Amex this year without an end product...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry, I'm confused. Can [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] please explain the 'sad' part.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
It's a bit more complicated when it's the poisoned dwarf (Billy Davies) though, he has got a bit of previous for engineering his own downfall.

I actually feel sorry for Nigel Doughty, he's bankrolled them for years and they give him nothing but crap, they don't deserve him.

Still, we only had 10 men....

I wouldnt feel too sorry for Nigel Doughty, as he owns his own private equity company.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sorry, I'm confused. Can [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] please explain the 'sad' part.
Yes. I quite like Nottingham Forest Football Club. Provincial club in one of the best proper football grounds in the country, good bunch of fans whose support has held up well, and they won the league and European cup without really being bankrolled in a way that will probably never be done again.

I hate Cotterill though, and wish he was busy taking Portsmouth down instead.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
good bunch of fans whose support has held up well,

That's one take on it.

Another would be that, this same 'good bunch of fans' fuelled by some strange sense of entitlement, chose to feel dissatisfied with two successive top six finishes, so hounded out not one but two managers in the space of six months, and are now reaping what they have sown.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Yes. I quite like Nottingham Forest Football Club. Provincial club in one of the best proper football grounds in the country, good bunch of fans whose support has held up well, and they won the league and European cup without really being bankrolled in a way that will probably never be done again.

You only like them coz you went to Uni there. Let go Sim. I've certainly let go of Derby.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That's one take on it.

Another would be that, this same 'good bunch of fans' fuelled by some strange sense of entitlement, chose to feel dissatisfied with two successive top six finishes, so hounded out not one but two managers in the space of six months, and are now reaping what they have sown.
I don't think they hounded Davies out at all. They just got tired of him saying "I can't take this lot any further because the budget aint there", which in hindsight doesn't ring true on Billy Davies' part, given that Forest after they sacked McClaren, actually had to pay compensation to get Cotterill in!

You only like them coz you went to Uni there. Let go Sim. I've certainly let go of Derby.
Not really. I just like the club and the ground.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't think they hounded Davies out at all. They just got tired of him saying "I can't take this lot any further because the budget aint there", which in hindsight doesn't ring true on Billy Davies' part, given that Forest after they sacked McClaren, actually had to pay compensation to get Cotterill in!

Compensation for a (shit) manager from a struggling club would have been peanuts, compared with the sort of funds Davies would have been looking for, to push Forest on.

Whether that money was actually needed is another matter, and I for one would think that the fans should be prepared to take the board's stance at face value - if they didn't have it, they couldn't spend it.

Davies did a reasonable job with the available resources. Whatever the ins and outs of how / why he left, the Forest fans were DELIGHTED to see the back of him. I trust they are now very happy with their lot, and as such undeserving of our sympathy.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well it's certainly a lot better trip than one to Derbeh and your identikit out of town stadium. ;)

Whilst your here, you might want to speak to the Leicester goon on here who seems to believe Forest give a shiny shite about his team. I do chuckle at Leicester fans who would LOVE to be hated by either Forest or Derby fans, and yet just a few miles down the road, Coventry sing songs about them. The Gillingham of the East Midlands, methinks.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Compensation for a (shit) manager from a struggling club would have been peanuts, compared with the sort of funds Davies would have been looking for, to push Forest on.

Whether that money was actually needed is another matter, and I for one would think that the fans should be prepared to take the board's stance at face value - if they didn't have it, they couldn't spend it.

Davies did a reasonable job with the available resources. Whatever the ins and outs of how / why he left, the Forest fans were DELIGHTED to see the back of him. I trust they are now very happy with their lot, and as such undeserving of our sympathy.
Your assessment seems to be about as fair as those pouring disdain on our own fans who were happy to see the back of McGhee. OK, we were relegated, but he had taken us up and wasn't given the chance to get us back up. And we spent six long years in league one after that until the Gus Bus rocked up.

The truth is that Davies, like McGhee, had probably run his course.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I hope someone, somewhere is out there knitting a half and half Albion/Forest scarf for Simster to wear at matches (well, home).
To be fair I'll probably go to the game against Forest when we play them.

Oh.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Well it's certainly a lot better trip than one to Derbeh and your identikit out of town stadium. ;)

Whilst your here, you might want to speak to the Leicester goon on here who seems to believe Forest give a shiny shite about his team. I do chuckle at Leicester fans who would LOVE to be hated by either Forest or Derby fans, and yet just a few miles down the road, Coventry sing songs about them. The Gillingham of the East Midlands, methinks.

Haha - I'll concede a bit of identikit, but out of town?!? It's only a mile!

Yes, the Foxes are wannabaes, the uncool kids at the school disco. Unfortunately though, they have a nasty habit of inflicting public, embarrassing and important defeats on us.....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Your assessment seems to be about as fair as those pouring disdain on our own fans who were happy to see the back of McGhee. OK, we were relegated, but he had taken us up and wasn't given the chance to get us back up. And we spent six long years in league one after that until the Gus Bus rocked up.

The truth is that Davies, like McGhee, had probably run his course.

Absolutely RUBBISH analogy. How can you compare a manager who had got his side relegated with a series of LIMP capitulations, with one who had taken his side to successive play-off spots?

Clutching at straws Sim.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Absolutely RUBBISH analogy. How can you compare a manager who had got his side relegated with a series of LIMP capitulations, with one who had taken his side to successive play-off spots?

Clutching at straws Sim.
Have it your way. Instead, compare it to the reaction of those creaming their pants about the return of Micky Adams after Wilkins had led a team of kids to the fringes of the playoffs.

1964FOX

Sep 12, 2011

I think I did conceed that it's a pretty one sided dislike nowadays. I don't know your history or involvement with Florist so won't make uninformed judgements about you and your knowledge of what goes on in the East Midlands. I know the reality of what has happened historically.

1964FOX

Sep 12, 2011
Haha - I'll concede a bit of identikit, but out of town?!? It's only a mile!

Yes, the Foxes are wannabaes, the uncool kids at the school disco. Unfortunately though, they have a nasty habit of inflicting public, embarrassing and important defeats on us.....
i'll tell you what I want, what I really really want..........................................................yes we do seem to have the upper hand over you currently.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Have it your way. Instead, compare it to the reaction of those creaming their pants about the return of Micky Adams after Wilkins had led a team of kids to the fringes of the playoffs.

Yes. Yes, please DO compare it to that. That is a very GOOD analogy. The Albion fans who wanted Wilkins out, and welcomed the dinosaur Adams back, also deserved the shit football that followed. I doubt they would have expected random fans 200 miles away to be feeling sorry for them, though.

Glad you're coming round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here