Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sad to see

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know they are in the same division as us, but I do find Nottingham Forest a very likeable club. Predictably, their fans are now all slaughtering Cotterill:

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=6

How predictable - it was obvious he was f***ing shit before he was recruited, and I do wish he'd stayed at that more appropriate club, Portsmouth.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Problem is, the fans have pissed off their 'money man' who is now refusing to put any money in to the club. Getting rid of McClaren cost them a few quid did it not ? So Cotterill was probably all thery could afford.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Problem is, the fans have pissed off their 'money man' who is now refusing to put any money in to the club. Getting rid of McClaren cost them a few quid did it not ? So Cotterill was probably all thery could afford.
No, because they had to pay compensation to Portsmouth. Why not just get a manager who was out of work?

Absolute shambles.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
AjOXY1iCAAAsWxT.jpg:large

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I've got very little sympathy really, They sacked a good manager who got them to the play off's 2 years running and now they're suffering the consequences of it.

1964FOX

Sep 12, 2011
Yes I agree with the OP, I am gutted such a big club are doing so badly and hopefully t will get much worse tomorrow night.

Bozza, he nicked the plan A and plan B frm our Nigel because that's how we are playing at present.

D

Deleted member 18477

im enjoying the fact forest are doing so shite. and cotterill is an idiot.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
They've got two European Cups in the cabinet. I wouldn't feel too sorry. There can be no more bitter rival fans than Derby County fans, who lost not just their manager to Forest, but potentially European glory too - and to think we moaned about Murray to Palace!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
they never seemed to be able to or want to spend the extra they needed to in order to go up under Billy Davies so it was a surprise to see McLaren go there when it was clear that he couldn't buy his way to success.

I was at Forest just before McLaren was sacked and they had as many fans outside the ground campaigning against the Board as they did inside and not much to cheer about.

They have some very good players but absolutely no confidence and Cotterill with his constant monotone drivel of "we were fantastic and we didn't deserve to lose" isn't going to help. They don't have a cohesive playing style and with him in charge they are not going to play to the strengths of the players they've got.

All-in-all I think Forest are getting what they deserve this season. I feel for the fans but they need to be behind the club not against it.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I have mixed feelings. I had a bet back in July with two forest supporting mates (well, a mate and his mate)
that we would finish above them in the league this season. The forfeit - I have to buy them drinks all night
if I lose and vice versa (except that I get two evening's free drinks - if you see what I mean).

They are top fellas as are forest fans I've met. Bit of a duck shoot at the moment and not what I was expecting.

Hope in April I'm saying the same
thing. It will cost me 100 quid plus if I lose.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes I agree with the OP, I am gutted such a big club are doing so badly and hopefully t will get much worse tomorrow night.

Bozza, he nicked the plan A and plan B frm our Nigel because that's how we are playing at present.
Much worse? There were fewer at the City Ground than at the Amex for our game against Wrexham. I really don't think Forest fans would give a f*** about going out in the FA Cup (unless it was a game against their arch rivals I suppose, but they're not playing Derby so that isn't the case).

Last edited:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've got very little sympathy really, They sacked a good manager who got them to the play off's 2 years running and now they're suffering the consequences of it.

Even though I've always liked Nottingham Forest as a club, I have to agree.

Billy Davies did a magnificent job on a limited budget and they've now got what they deserve I'm afraid. Same with QPR - they were never in the bottom three under Neil Warnock and he was unfairly sacked. I hope they get relegated now.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

It's a bit more complicated when it's the poisoned dwarf (Billy Davies) though, he has got a bit of previous for engineering his own downfall.

I actually feel sorry for Nigel Doughty, he's bankrolled them for years and they give him nothing but crap, they don't deserve him.

Still, we only had 10 men....

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
They've got two European Cups in the cabinet. I wouldn't feel too sorry. There can be no more bitter rival fans than Derby County fans, who lost not just their manager to Forest, but potentially European glory too - and to think we moaned about Murray to Palace!

In fairness, that's mostly true but it is a proper, historical, 2 way, mutual bitterness!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I thought I read that Mclaren didnt take the compensation he was entitled to. He was sold a pup by the board and I think (cleverly) wanted to avoid being used as the excuse if the next manager ballsed it up. By making his decision he removed the opportunity for the board to say 'paying off the wally with the brolly took the last remaining transfer funds' etc etc

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
No, because they had to pay compensation to Portsmouth. Why not just get a manager who was out of work?

Absolute shambles.

Why not get a manager who wasn't complete horseshite? A club with the stature of Forest should be able to attract a quality young manager in the same ilk as Poyet, Bradbury or even someone like the Monkey fascist at Swindon but they opt for a footballing dinosaur like Cotteril.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Much worse? There were fewer at the City Ground than at the Amex for our game against Wrexham. I really don't think Forest fans would give a f*** about going out in the FA Cup (unless it was a game against their arch rivals I suppose, but they're not playing Derby so that isn't the case).

I feel much worse for Coventry fans. There were 9,000 when I went up there for the cup game. There's less hope for them than Forest.

1964FOX

Sep 12, 2011

Believe me or not they do not like losing to us, a lot of their older fans consider us worse than Derby due to the 60's and 70's but the majority do only hate Derby. Although at present we are equally as poor as them, our performance on Saturday was the worst I have seen in a long time. Expecting a 0-0 after extra time and penaty shoot out.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I don't mind Forest at all, but seeing Steve "we shoodve wun today innit" Cotterill exposed once again as an absolute fraudster is always satisfying.
What a tool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here