Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sad news for tommy elphic

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just had a long chat with tommy up at the gym and his Achilles op was not successful and he has to go over to Finland to have it redone - By the guy who did beckhams.

He seems very positive but it must be a worry for him. I can't see him being back for a long time.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
A career in TV beckons.

Get well soon, Tommy.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Why? Greer has been crap for at least a month. Wins no headers, is quite slow off the mark and has been distributing poorly.

There is zero chance of Elphick playing ahead of Greer or Dunk and with El-abd nearly back and Cook knocking on the door, Tommy is 4th/5th choice

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just had a long chat with tommy up at the gym and his Achilles op was not successful and he has to go over to Finland to have it redone - By the guy who did beckhams.

He seems very positive but it must be a worry for him. I can't see him being back for a long time.

You're right but according to his Twitter, he was in Stockholm in Sweden not Finland. The 'worlds best hakan alfredson, and for a weeks worth of rehab with him' is the quote.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You're right but according to his Twitter, he was in Stockholm in Sweden not Finland. The 'worlds best hakan alfredson, and for a weeks worth of rehab with him' is the quote.

He said specifically Finland, but wherever it is having had a snapped acihilles myself, I really did wish him well

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Bad news. I saw him a few weeks ago and he thought he would be fit in 4 weeks. Great shame.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For all of their faults both Elphick and El Abd would have buried the headed chance that Dunk had yesterday with a clear free header at the goal from a a few yards out, that was a terrible miss.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
For all of their faults both Elphick and El Abd would have buried the headed chance that Dunk had yesterday with a clear free header at the goal from a a few yards out, that was a terrible miss.

Yeh and we would have conceded goals with Elphick. Sad news about his injury but he wold be nowhere near the first team if fit! Not sure what the relevance is with your post, maybe you think Dunk would nt be playing if the other 2 were fit?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here