Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sack the Board

1066gull

Time for the FA to listen and give what the fans have been crying out for.

An ENGLISH league.

And to sack the entire board and replace them with people who know something about football, and not someone who are collecting their f***ing pay packet at the end of their annum. The only person who talks sense on the FA is Sir Tarevor Brooking. Get Shearer in there.
We have the worst Football Association EVER when we are meant to have the best league in the world.

not good enough.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
And who's going to pay for that? You?

I agree that things do need a change - but changing the entire football league will not help!!

1066gull

And who's going to pay for that? You?

I agree that things do need a change - but changing the entire football league will not help!!

What are you on? I'm talking about imposing restrictions on clubs that they need to have 6 homegrown players in their first team.

Out of all top clubs in the Premier League, only one club has consistently supported and encouraged producing home grown talent, Manchester United. They are still doing it now.

Since when was the last time we promoted our own managers? Not a single English manager manages the top 4. They are all on the same level as Steve McLaren. Won something worthless or f*** all.

Oct 25, 2003
imposing restrictions won't make any difference, english teams have always had non english players in them, it was just more scottish, welsh, irish than french, nigerian, spanish

1066gull

You absolutely do not have the worst association ever - we have John Delaney running the show :nono:

I'm sorry, no disrespect, but you are not said to have the best league in the world. That what makes it so hard to take. We are expected to be up there with the best.

41 years and counting. It is not good enough.

Why can't we promote our youngsters? Germany and Italy are doing it.

My guess is, it is written in their contracts they cannot be dropped. Why else was Beckham always picked by Sven?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What are you on? I'm talking about imposing restrictions on clubs that they need to have 6 homegrown players in their first team.

Out of all top clubs in the Premier League, only one club has consistently supported and encouraged producing home grown talent, Manchester United. They are still doing it now.

Since when was the last time we promoted our own managers? Not a single English manager manages the top 4. They are all on the same level as Steve McLaren. Won something worthless or f*** all.

ade...

they are not allowed to have quota's. Its the LAW!!!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Im pretty sure Chelsea and Liverpool both have a number of Key English Players.

Why do people think axing overseas players will help? It will lower the standard of the league and players playing in it.
WOuld the players the likes of Chelsea and Utd release make much of a difference to the international set up?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I'm sorry, no disrespect, but you are not said to have the best league in the world. That what makes it so hard to take. We are expected to be up there with the best.

41 years and counting. It is not good enough.

Why can't we promote our youngsters? Germany and Italy are doing it.

My guess is, it is written in their contracts they cannot be dropped. Why else was Beckham always picked by Sven?

Was that your point? You said you had the worst run football association in the world when its blatantly clear that you don't.

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
The Token Carlisle United Fan
In 1974 - when most of the league was made up of British players we didn't qualify

In 1978 - when most of the league was made up of British players we didn't qualify

In 1984 - when most of the league was made up of British players we didn't qualify

Oct 25, 2003
why aren't we promoting our youngsters?

didn't everyone go MENTAL when sven picked walcott?

italy hardly promote their youngsters, the team that won the world cup was reletively old (much older than our squad)

basically the problem isn't the premier league, england were shit before then, the problem stems from childhood, and the way kids are taught to play the game

1066gull

Why on earth would the board of the FA sack themselves?

Who pays for the FA?

We do.

Someone needs to come out and ask for some sort of inquiry starting from the whole Faria Alam thing. I am sorry, but you must not let personal problems get in the way of professionalism.

If I employed you, and you was my friend and you wasn't doing a good job, I would have to relieve you of your duties. Yes, I may give you training to improve, but if you were not delivering the goods, I would ahve to sakc you.

The same would be if I disliked you, if you delivered the goods and didn't like you, I would have to keep you.

They got McLaren because of convience.

1066gull

ABSOLUTE B*LLOCKS

They ended up with McClaren because they didn't fancy O'Neil & Scolari, quite rightly didn't want it....

Then we should have waited until after the World Cup when two very good managers, Jurgen Klinsmann and Marcello Lippi were available.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
, the problem stems from childhood, and the way kids are taught to play the game

The vast majority of kids can bend a ball etc and do keepy uppies but cant do the basics like kick with both feet, tackle, pass, shoot and head the ball properly. Until that is sorted out we will struggle. Also schools have got to bring back competetive matchers at all ages, irrespective of what the politically correct say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here