Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryanair needs taking to the cleaners

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
funny how willy walsh is some sort of hero on here and o leary is a complete c nt apparently. anyone with half a brain would surely have this the other way round.

still as long as wankers still get their shit minibreaks then all is right with the world.

Walsh wants to deliver a world class service to his customers and sticks to the regulations his airline have to operate under. His staff might not like him but there are an awful lot of brain dead unionites working for BA.

O'Leary couldn't give a toss about his customers ( you should see the comtempt he treated his customers with when on Watchdog a few months ago ) AND he wants to break regualtions that all the other airlines abide by.

Not the same at all. Hope the Irish twat gets taken to court and is held personally liable by his shareholders for the huge fine Ryanair will hopefully get.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The government should payfor terrible ban that was unjust.

The Government ? Err...that'll be you and me then.

The Government was acting on advice from NATS. It'd be a brave (stupid ?) prime minister to ignore the advice from what are supposed to be the experts, and start sending planes up into the ash regardless.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Pay 4 euro for a ticket and get 500 in compensation for something that is not the airlines fault. That's fair? The government should payfor terrible ban that was unjust.

But you don't just pay 4 euros for a ticket. That is just the 'grabline'. You pay for everything else including taxes. As for saying the government should pay that is just dumb.

O'Leary should have insurance to cover such contingencies so the cost to him will be the increased premiums and excess rather than the actual amount paid out. He is just, as usual, whinging. He should adhere to the rules that govern the industry he operates in or just get out. Perhaps he should campaign to get the rules changed for next time rather than bleating about it now.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The government should payfor terrible ban that was unjust.

Hmm the snowplough argument

Because it was impossible to tell how dangerous the ash cloud was as the necessary equipment is either not available or not in enough supply its the govt fault when this is the first it has happenned.

So the govt said last Thursday it safe to fly and one jet crashed in your eyes thats a risk to take.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The Government ? Err...that'll be you and me then.

The Government was acting on advice from NATS. It'd be a brave (stupid ?) prime minister to ignore the advice from what are supposed to be the experts, and start sending planes up into the ash regardless.

Indeed. The Air companies had the chance to have their say on safety of the flight regulations but bottled it two years ago. They (and the Tories) are blaming the government for something they could do nothing about. If the Air companies aren't insured for this sort of event then it's their own fault

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Pay 4 euro for a ticket and get 500 in compensation for something that is not the airlines fault. That's fair? The government should payfor terrible ban that was unjust.

When you say the "government" should pay, you mean you and I the tax payer ?

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
funny how willy walsh is some sort of hero on here and o leary is a complete c nt apparently. anyone with half a brain would surely have this the other way round.

still as long as wankers still get their shit minibreaks then all is right with the world.

Talking of which, where did you go this year?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Indeed. The Air companies had the chance to have their say on safety of the flight regulations but bottled it two years ago. They (and the Tories) are blaming the government for something they could do nothing about.

where is this myth coming from that anyone is blaming the government for the volcano? on the other hand, if govenrments (across europe) had taken a more proactive role, might we have had flights restarted a few days earlier?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
But you don't just pay 4 euros for a ticket. That is just the 'grabline'. You pay for everything else including taxes. As for saying the government should pay that is just dumb.

O'Leary should have insurance to cover such contingencies so the cost to him will be the increased premiums and excess rather than the actual amount paid out. He is just, as usual, whinging. He should adhere to the rules that govern the industry he operates in or just get out. Perhaps he should campaign to get the rules changed for next time rather than bleating about it now.

Got to agree with that.
My daughter flew with Ryanair for the first time to Poland recently....all went well luckily,but I have to admit that I was waiting for things to go wrong at the checkout due to some condition she may not have complied with.Such is the reputation of the company.She has travelled quite a bit with Stelios's lot and has always found them helpful.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ryanair have backed down apparently

It was more hot air from the publicity hungry Mr O'Leary

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
where is this myth coming from that anyone is blaming the government for the volcano? on the other hand, if govenrments (across europe) had taken a more proactive role, might we have had flights restarted a few days earlier?

No, they're being blamed for saying it was unsafe to fly for too long. Why they should be expected to disregard all the advice they recieved is beyond me, only an insane government would say yes it's safe to fly when everyone except the air companies is saying it isn't.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
if wankers want dirt cheap flights then f***ing tough luck if you are stranded somewhere whena f***ing volcano blows up. you knew the deal.

Exactly. And "the deal" includes Ryanair picking up the tab if you get stranded. Because they had agreed to it and it is the law. If somehow they weren't bound by this then you would need to insure against it yourself but they are and you don't.

Gluteus Maximus

Jul 10, 2003
Trumpton
Personally I think it's good we get bought down a peg or two like this every so often. Back to the real world of "shit happens". I'm sick of the "blame culture" and it's someone's fault if doesn't work out all the time. Some things can't be blamed on an individual or govt. - It's a f***ing volcano, if that's not Force Majeure I don't know what is. As much as I hate O'Leary or some of the politicians, it's not their fault, unless of course you or a relative drop out of the sky with a clogged engine. I had 2 flights cancelled - expect my fare back as they promise, but expect nothing else and blame no-one except a lava/ash spewing Icelandic.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ryanair have backed down apparently

It was more hot air from the publicity hungry Mr O'Leary

Plus the fact he was told he didn't have a leg to stand on. :lol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

when i say anyone, i mean anyone in the industry, not one of us plebs on a forum.

No, they're being blamed for saying it was unsafe to fly for too long. Why they should be expected to disregard all the advice they recieved is beyond me, only an insane government would say yes it's safe to fly when everyone except the air companies is saying it isn't.

well, there is an issue there. the governments just sat on their hands. the advise, while sensible initially, soon looked to be based on shoddy information and procedures. but no one questioned it. it took days and the airlines themselves to put aircraft in the air to test the effects, and 5 days for the authorities to use satellite and overhead air recon data, rather than rely on computer models designed for weather forecasting. then, for some reason our govenment sat out another day not questioning why NATS hadnt stepped into line with the other countries. typical cockup really, but they could have moved things forward in the first day or two, not to go against the advise, but to ask them to check its correct, is the method correct, is there anything the government can do to assist?

still doesnt change anything for Ryanair, they have to abide with the regulations and decisions like everyone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here