Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RyanAir flights for 1p until midnight tonight

m.c.hamster

Jul 9, 2003
I wasn't told about this until about an hour ago but between 26th Feb and 28th Feb RyanAir are offering 1p flights to various locations in Europe.
Travel on a Tuesday or a Wednesday up until the end of June with some dates "blacked out" due to half term etc. You can go for a week or overnight or for the day. There are some restrictions but its genuine.

So, I have just booked an overnight trip to Dublin for two of us totalling £0.04 pence. No checked in baggage, no travel insurance and no priority boarding. The minor catch is that you have to pay £6 credit card charge, per passenger, to book it.

That comes to a total of £12.04p for both of us, or £6.02p each, return, or £3.01p each way. (good value considering the bloke next to me paid £2.10p to travel from Angmering to Goring on the train - one stop - single!!!!!!!!)

Hotel about £43 right in the centre of Dublin.

:albion2:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i wouldnt trust ryanair with their new method of business, charging baggages fees, check in fees and others. get you to the airport then sting you with a load of costs. will never fly with.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I tried to book flights to France a couple of days ago with Ryanair. Flights were £70.00 each return which wasn't bad (school holiday week).
Then the taxes were £50.00 each, then if you want to take a bag, (handy if you're going on holiday), that was £18.00 each, £7.50 per kilo overweight baggage charge, then when they started on about credit card charges (£6!!! per person) I decided they could wind it up their arse.

You seem to have got a decent deal, but Ryanair are the kings of hidden charges!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Flying Ryanair to Dublin a few weeks back was told in the most unpleasant, akaward way that we "hadn't paid for check-in". When I suggested that it was normally free, the woman got even more pissy. Think it was only a few more quid but made me feel like I'd done something wrong.

Having said that can't argue with the prices, especially to get back to Ireland.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I've never had any problems with these deals. Recently paid 6p to send the girlfriend and 2 kids from Luton to Shannon. No problems checking in and no problems with the flight.

Also if you pay via debit card there is no fee as opposed to the £6 credit card charge

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We flew Ryan Air to Shannon a couple of weeks ago. Flights were advertised as £4.99 each way, but as you said, by the time taxes, baggage, check-in etc was done, it cost us £50 each way, each. Still not bad though.

Mrs P couldn't understand how we ended up paying £50 each though. I likened it to a motor company selling you a car for 50p, but charging £8,000 for the seat belts, £3,000 for the spare type & £2,000 for the stereo.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
I've never had any problems with these deals. Recently paid 6p to send the girlfriend and 2 kids from Luton to Shannon. No problems checking in and no problems with the flight.

Also if you pay via debit card there is no fee as opposed to the £6 credit card charge

That's great................you get rid of them 6p.................what did you pay to get them back ???? fool!!!!!!

ye ole random dude

Feb 14, 2008
Finland
will be booking a flight to stansted tonight then, hopefully can avoid all these secret "bonus" fees. Still it's better than paying 290€.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Travelled taking advantage of this exact same deal last year. Stansted to Dublin, for 5 of us for 10p return. No baggage, no taxes, nothing!
Speedy check-in and polite staff. For a budget airline it was a very good experience (although out flight back was delayed for an hour I think it was) but only because one of their other planes had a fault (comforting I know). :lolol:

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Flew with Ryanair to Seville and back with the Mrs, no problems at all.

Just don't take the headline price too seriously, there's always additional costs but it still only cost about £70 return for two of us.

One additional cost that was worth paying for was priority boarding, we got on first and got two of the seats with extra leg room.

:smokin:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Travelled taking advantage of this exact same deal last year. Stansted to Dublin, for 5 of us for 10p return. No baggage, no taxes, nothing!
Speedy check-in and polite staff. For a budget airline it was a very good experience (although out flight back was delayed for an hour I think it was) but only because one of their other planes had a fault (comforting I know). :lolol:

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here