Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Kent

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Exactly how I feel.

Bridge and Ward worked as they were effectively playing for their careers.

Felt all the others have been average or worse.

In terms of getting another youngster in, I'd prefer to see what Harper is like. If we are 'blooding' other teams youngsters, doesn't that send out the wrong message to our own?
Hughton has said he is not a fan of loan signings which is a positive.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Exactly how I feel.

Bridge and Ward worked as they were effectively playing for their careers.

Felt all the others have been average or worse.
So let's get this straight. Loanees like Bridge and Upson did alright for us, you grudgingly admit, but only because they were 'playing for their careers'. Like they needed the money? Neither of them probably ever need to work again.

But OK, have it your way. loanees don't care and don't put their bodies on the line for the club. Good job we had Toko, McCourt and Kemi on full-time contracts last season then...............

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I can't see us going for an 18/19 year old loanee unless we are talking about someone really special from a top prem club. I think it's pretty clear that Hughton likes players around the 23/24 mark with league experience.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7020833 said:
I wondered whether we could be one of the interested clubs, but at just 18 years old it seems unlikely
I'm not sure where we would play him, or who he would replace. The loan appears to be on a 'must play' basis, so unless he is in the Wayne Rooney at eighteen class, probably not one for us.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So let's get this straight. Loanees like Bridge and Upson did alright for us, you grudgingly admit, but only because they were 'playing for their careers'. Like they needed the money? Neither of them probably ever need to work again.

But OK, have it your way. loanees don't care and don't put their bodies on the line for the club. Good job we had Toko, McCourt and Kemi on full-time contracts last season then...............

What Toko and McCourt who were barely given an opportunity? Hardly good examples.

Gardner, Paynter, Best, ........ just shocking. Bodies on the line my arse.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would ask all of those that are anti loans how do they think that we could have got Wayne Bridge, Steohen Ward and Darren Bent in other than on a loan. Loans if used correctly can bring you better quality at less financial ouitlay and make the better players affordable to more clubs.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Shock horror - SOME loanees are crap. We know that. Just that with our recruitment over recent times, contracted players do not show to any advantage over loanees.

Shock, horror some signings don't work out either........

I'd forgotten Upson earlier, but as per my original point I can only name Bridge and Ward that were actually good.

Loanees for me need to make a difference or they are blocking the development of our players.

If you're talking poor recruitment surely that applies to loans as well......Obika? Absolutely pointless, he did try but ability wise was hopeless.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Harper will be in the squad as soon as he is fit, but that is apparently 6-8 weeks away.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Presumably because they were crap (or too lazy to put an effort into getting fit and training).

I would take either of them over Gardner, who must have trained, was crap and barely tried. Ditto Best.

Explain that one.

At one point Gardner was keeping Ince out! FFS!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would take either of them over Gardner, who must have trained, was crap and barely tried. Ditto Best.

Explain that one.

At one point Gardner was keeping Ince out! FFS!

Gardner was a totally different type pf player to Ince and although not good with us Forest seem pleased to have him ona years loan to cover if Lansbury goes.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Gardner was a totally different type pf player to Ince and although not good with us Forest seem pleased to have him ona years loan to cover if Lansbury goes.

Not really as Hyypia had him rotating with JFC at times, as that was some of the system he was trying to implement.

Re Forest, good luck to them, I can only judge on his non-performances for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here