Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Harley

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
My opinion (and it is just that folks) is that maybe there are a number of players who haven’t been given a fair crack......

If Vicente’s interview is to be believed, and he was fit from Jan/Feb onwards but not played, what chances did Harley, KLL, Hoskins, Vincelot et al have? It would seem that all the time your face fits, then happy days. But should you cross GP in any way…….

Although, saying that, Harley did come across as a bit of a lazy Googler......

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
From what I have heard he has a big attitude problem and, rightly so, Gus didn't want him anywhere near the first team which is why he was sent on loan to MK. Unfortunatly for him, his attitude went with him.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The only manager who ever got anything from Harley performancewise was Paul Tisdale at Exeter.

Wonder what the odds would be on him coming to Brighton?

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
It's WWI and WWII all over again. As we will lose most of our players through this fiasco except Harley, the club will put an ad in The Argus asking any fans interested in trying out for the first team to turn up at The Amex for training. We'll have HB&B in goal, Meades Ball at right, centre and left back simultaneously, Ernest as THE ENTIRE midfield and Harley and Kev The Rev upfront in an odds-defying promotion winning season with substitute dougdeep coming off the bench to score a last minute Wembley winner and break Yeovil hearts.

Can I be on the team??

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
El-Abd had a renaissance under Poyet. There's no reason why players, such as Harley, who are talented, cannot step up to prove themselves...In fact, I think there are a number of fringe players who may be looking forward to working under a new manager...Lua Lua, CMS, JFC, Dunk are just four off the top of my head.

I hardly think CMS is a fringe player.....

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Do you mean that he turned up and went through the motions?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Do you mean that he turned up and went through the motions?

Pretty much. I really wanted him to prove everyone, including me, wrong. But he really Isn't very good, is he? Misplaced passes, losing the ball unnecessarily...He got frustrated at times, and to be honest I felt a bit sorry for him.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
All bodies must help, I fear we are a bit thin on the ground at the moment.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

True enough. I hope that it doesn't stay that way though, because I don't think that using Ryan Harley will be an option if we want to do well in this division.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Maybe, but the Withdean days are gone forever. The club is (hopefully) not being run as a glorified local charity anymore. Every player has to be there for a reason. Harley offers us nothing beyond filling a squad number.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/team/

No mention of him here and he has no squad number. Looks like he is on his way ::rave:

He was wearing 17 today which was his squad number with us. He hasn't been on the club site since he went out on loan as League rules dictate a player cannot be listed in two teams.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Maybe, but the Withdean days are gone forever. The club is (hopefully) not being run as a glorified local charity anymore. Every player has to be there for a reason. Harley offers us nothing beyond filling a squad number.

Talking of Withdean, it was interesting to see Tommy Fraser and Jake Robinson again. Both hopelessly out of their depth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here