Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Harley

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I disagree. I think Gus sees Harley as the other natural attacking play-maker with Vicente. A fully fit Vicente will be first choice but that still leaves room for Harley plus two wingers on the bench now we're back to seven subs.

If vicente starts, one from dicker/crofts/bridcutt drops to the bench. Along with a keeper. Two wingers. Defensive options and striker option

Ankergren
Dunk
Calderon
Dicker/crofts/bridcutt
Lualua
Buckley
Agdestein (or other striking option)

No room for Harley. If he's not good enough to displace dicker/crofts/bridcutt from the starting line up, Gus isn't going to make room for him on the bench at the expense of the players who he isn't better than.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
If vicente starts, one from dicker/crofts/bridcutt drops to the bench. Along with a keeper. Two wingers. Defensive options and striker option

Ankergren
Dunk
Calderon
Dicker/crofts/bridcutt
Lualua
Buckley
Agdestein (or other striking option)

No room for Harley. If he's not good enough to displace dicker/crofts/bridcutt from the starting line up, Gus isn't going to make room for him on the bench at the expense of the players who he isn't better than.

That's too simplistic. It's not necessarily about being 'better' but about giving different options. Harley offers something different to the other central(ish) midfielders and therefore may well get the nod on the bench above someone like Dicker.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I think he's done ok this season but I'm still unsure how he is ahead of Sparrow in the pecking order. I don't think Gus would play someone in order to try and sell them I trust Gus is using him as our 5th best option for CM after Vicente, Crofts, Bridcutt & Dicker.

I'd like to see us sign another central midfielder and another central defender as our 4-5-1 formation has a decent starting 11 but lacks the talent on the bench

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here