Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Harley

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Does anyone else think the only reason he gets game time is to put him in the shop window ?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Normally I would 100% agree but I have strange feeling he's back in Poyets plans a bit. I thought he was ok yesterday. Plus he's our only midfielder on the bench.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
The back of the program speaks volumes. No sparrow, Vincelot or Hoskins but Harley is there. He's definitely in Gus' plans as it stands. He played a fair amount pre season too.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
No, I think Gus clearly see a player there and he is a attack minded midfielder, hence why he replaced Crofts and not Dicker. He may yet come good and even if he doesn't I can't see anyone taking him off our hands, probably on a decent screw with us.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I so much want to agree but if you look at the squad what other options are there?

Our first choice three would be Bridcutt/Crofts/Vicente but I for one have real doubts about Vicente.

So that brings Dicker into the frame. Then what? Seems to me like Harley is the only one left.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Nah I think it's so he gets game time with the rest of the midfield in case one of our first teamers gets injured he will be a bit more ready to step in.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Could have scored two yesterday - should have scored at least one.

It was a great run to meet Bruno's delightful lofted pass with his head, but you have to be getting those on target.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yep he is,but he`s making sure no one signs him 2 sitters yesterday and 2 misses he realy is shit

Do you like any of our players? Out of interest?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Actually think he's looked a lot better so far. Pre season looked useful and yesterday looked ok, admittedly against poor opposition.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Harley has an unfortunate manner when playing ,of not being really bothered,which i am sure is not true. I hope that he can win his critics round,and although he missed a couple yesterday ,he was there to miss them !Booing his name is not the answer......

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Despite personally not seeing an awful lot on the pitch to suggest he's got what it takes at this level, I reckon Gus has seen a bit more of what he can do. He might have seen him train once or twice - worked with him a bit or something, or maybe Harley's agent put together a really impressive youtube montage. Anyway, I'm feeling generous today so I might just admit that Gus Poyet knows a bit more about football than I do, might have a bit more information about Harley's ability and where he fits into the grand scheme of things so... on this occasion, I'll leave this one as his call.

In a more specific response to the OP, Gus doesn't seem too worried about getting other players 'in the shop window' - if he doesn't rate them, he leaves them out & makes it clear they are not in his plans rather than jeopardising results. So I would say that Ryan Harley is very much in his plans (or he's being given one last throw of the dice to prove he's up to it).

Whatever's going on... trust in Gus.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Last year I thought he was pretty hopeless but in the small glimpse of this year I think he has done ok. Should have scored that header though!!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
It's hard to ever be impressed by Harley. Yesterday he missed that header that he really should of put away and didn't do anything else in the game apart from give the ball away a couple of times.

I prefer him to Dicker I think but wouldn't have him in instead of him as they are two dfferent sorts of players. When JFC comes back I think we'll be seeing less & less of Harley. According to my Oxford supporting mate Jake has been MOM every game so far!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here