Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Harley

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Is he actually any good? Swansea obviously dont rate him that highly to let him go 6months after signing him

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I dont think he would get in the Swansea squad regardless. He has NEVER played for them and they were happy to lend him back to Exeter for the remainder of last season.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is he actually any good? Swansea obviously dont rate him that highly to let him go 6months after signing him

Hes not even played for them, hes had pre-season and thats it!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

It does seem strange, obviously for Exeter the deal was swung by the fact that they sold him to Swansea on the agreement that he would then immediatly be loaned back again.

I cannot get my head round the deal although I suppose as it was a free transfer, maybe Exeter would still pay his wages and he was bought in case Swansea didn't get promoted.

I suspect he was signed with the belief that they'd probably remain a Championship club this season, but once they got promoted they found that better alternatives (Routledge?) were available/keen to sign for them, and he's no longer required. He was very highly rated at Exeter (which is why they turned down money to keep him for half a season more) and Gus seems keen, which is good enough for me. He looks like he'd probably provide something different to what we already have and would be another option in midfield.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
I dont think he would get in the Swansea squad regardless. He has NEVER played for them and they were happy to lend him back to Exeter for the remainder of last season.

Presumably they 'swooped' for him without knowing whether they'd be in the Prem or not, and now they've gone up he's been overtaken by better players coming in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here