Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Harley

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Thats the thing with Dicker though, he has an amazing range of passing, but he really is a one trick pony with his little turns. Don't get me wrong, I love it as much as any one when he turns two other players inside out and then finds a perfect pass, but that was in league 1 and I do think he will be found out and he will need to adapt quickly, whether he is able to do that or not I don't know.

Yeah this. Too ponderous at times, will be punished at this level. Seems a clever enough player to learn and adapt though. Heres hoping.

Stevegull

Sep 9, 2005
Lewes
I think Vicelot did excellent on Tuesady night, well worth a starting place

Sure its been mentioned on here since tuuesday, but Gary Dicker M.O.M??

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Never seen him play, but by the sounds of it exactly the sort of player we need. Having seen Buckley a couple of times now, Im not overly keen on him being converted to the Bennett through the middle role. You really want him out wide. We need someone in behind the front men to pick a pass and a final ball. Last couple of games the hole between midfield and CMS/Barnes has been far too big. Need someone to play between the lines and sounds as if thats the sort of player he is. Exciting stuff (unless Im completely wrong on Harley....)

He's an attacking/play making central midfielder with a good free kick and corner deliver. He also has a bit of bite about him.

He's what we need but I question his attitude (comes across as billy big bollocks) and apparently he likes a drink, hopefully is he does sign Gus will keep him in his place.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
He's an attacking/play making central midfielder with a good free kick and corner deliver. He also has a bit of bite about him.

He's what we need but I question his attitude (comes across as billy big bollocks) and apparently he likes a drink, hopefully is he does sign Gus will keep him in his place.

And he is ginger! We've been lacking in ginger haired players since we lost Mayo and Sidwell.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
His best attribute is his ability on the ball, he hardly ever gave the ball away last season when we played exeter last season.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
I think Vicelot did excellent on Tuesady night, well worth a starting place

Sure its been mentioned on here since tuuesday, but Gary Dicker M.O.M??

Spot on there Steve, thought he was our best player on Tuesday, Dicker was poor again. I think the MOM award was sponsored by Mr & Mrs Dicker!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Think with Dicker he likes to turn with the ball alot, got away with it in league one but maybe not in the Championship.

He is a clever player and im sure he will adapt his game... just hope he does quickly before it costs him his place in the side

Well said and I totally agree.

Think if he did come in it would be in place of Dicker. Not good enough it seems. A midfield of the below would be very good, plus with the prospect of Noone, Buckley and Dicker off the bench. I don't understand the criticism of Sparrow. Scored goals when played last season and has bags of Championship experience. People don't really see what he brings to the midfield. He has good pace and a very good ball playing ability, can score but more importantly defend and is excellent at tracking back and running with the opposition plus he has a fantastic tackle. He also does not give the ball away, ala Dicker and that is why he played against Doncaster. Top player.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bridcutt>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Lua Lua>>>>>>>>>Sparrow>>>>>>>>>>Harley

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Harley will finish our midfield. Then its just the defence to think about.

somersetwest

Sep 25, 2005
Brighton
Dicker is not a 'one-trick' pony and is absolutely good enough for this level. It's true he's had a bit of a rough start, if judged solely on the fact that he's given the ball away a few times in dangerous positions, but it's all about adapting to the pace of the Championship - and the Amex pitch - these first few games. His stepover leading up to Barnes' goal against Spurs was top-drawer and some of his passing has been superb. There's a touch of class about him - he'll 'sharpen' up.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Think if he did come in it would be in place of Dicker. Not good enough it seems. A midfield of the below would be very good, plus with the prospect of Noone, Buckley and Dicker off the bench. I don't understand the criticism of Sparrow. Scored goals when played last season and has bags of Championship experience. People don't really see what he brings to the midfield. He has good pace and a very good ball playing ability, can score but more importantly defend and is excellent at tracking back and running with the opposition plus he has a fantastic tackle. He also does not give the ball away, ala Dicker and that is why he played against Doncaster. Top player.

Agree re Sparrow - much underrated IMHO.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ryan Harley. Right or left-footed?

He got booked at Withdean.

He seems to be low down in the pecking order at Swansea.

Last edited:

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Dicker is not a 'one-trick' pony and is absolutely good enough for this level. It's true he's had a bit of a rough start, if judged solely on the fact that he's given the ball away a few times in dangerous positions, but it's all about adapting to the pace of the Championship - and the Amex pitch - these first few games. His stepover leading up to Barnes' goal against Spurs was top-drawer and some of his passing has been superb. There's a touch of class about him - he'll 'sharpen' up.

This.

People lay into him on here & pick up on EVERY time he gets caught in possession. I think it happened twice against Doncaster and once against Gillingaham and he's suddenly an awful player in many peoples eyes on here. Give him time to adjust.

Maybe count the chances he creates and moves he starts instead? It's a lot more than 3 so far.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton

Buckley on the bench & Harley on the wing?! He'd be signing as a central midfielder to compete with Dicker & Sparrow.

Sparrow deserves a chance this season but it's unfair to right Dicker off this early. Dicker had BY FAR the better season out of the 2 last season.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
This.

People lay into him on here & pick up on EVERY time he gets caught in possession. I think it happened twice against Doncaster and once against Gillingaham and he's suddenly an awful player in many peoples eyes on here. Give him time to adjust.

Maybe count the chances he creates and moves he starts instead? It's a lot more than 3 so far.

Attacking wise with starting moves theres not many players I would rather have instead of him, but sometimes (and not just this season) he can be a liability. Where he plays, losing the ball is very dangerous, it can set the other team on the break running at our back four with numbers, and in this league we will be punished more times than not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here