Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Giggs

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
400x400_1187536014_spt_ai_mancityvmanunited_32.jpg

TEN Premiership Titles
758 games - equals Bobby Charlton's record.

Model Professional, absolute legend.

:bowdown:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
And scored the winning goal to break the deadlock as the future champions only just beat a Div2 (now league 1) Albion in the FA cup.

For a bonus point - name the other two man utd players to score against us that season?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Could have done a job.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Who?

1066gull

I too, like every other person who hate Man United but this player is an exception. I think he is a pleasure to watch and its such a terrible shame he chosen Wales over England.

Imagine Giggs on the left and Beckham on the right for England at the World Cup in 1998 and 2002?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Superb player Giggs and a modest one at that. I hate Man U as much as the next person, but have a grudging respect for players like Giggs, Scholes et al. Think Giggs is coming to the end though, not as good this season as he has been. Can't see him leaving soon though.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
And scored the winning goal to break the deadlock as the future champions only just beat a Div2 (now league 1) Albion in the FA cup.

For a bonus point - name the other two man utd players to score against us that season?

Mark Hughes is one.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You have to hand it to Giggs , Scholes and Neville - all three have remained loyal to one of biggest clubs in the world and this rarely happens in modern day football.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Utter legend, model pro.

Scholes is also amazing for what he has done over the years, but Giggs is in a league of his own.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

Danny Wallace??

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think he is a pleasure to watch and its such a terrible shame he chosen Wales over England.

Why do you think he chose Wales over England? He was born in Wales to Welsh parents and Welsh grandparents. He had no choice, Wales is the only team he is qualified to play for.

It's true that he played for England schoolboys but that's because he was educated in England and the schoolboys' teams are picked solely on where schools are located: in theory, England Schoolboys could have 11 players not qualified for England.

Great player though.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Why do you think he chose Wales over England? He was born in Wales to Welsh parents and Welsh grandparents. He had no choice, Wales is the only team he is qualified to play for.

It's true that he played for England schoolboys but that's because he was educated in England and the schoolboys' teams are picked solely on where schools are located: in theory, England Schoolboys could have 11 players not qualified for England.

Great player though.

I was going to have a similar pop at Aids about this. However it got me thinking, it has been mentioned in recent years that foreign players like Cudicini and Alumia could play for England due to be residents here for 6 (?) years.

What is the exact rules here? Could someone with Welsh parents (and grandparents), born in Wales play play for England if they have lived her for X amount of years, or does it only apply to non-Brits?

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Whoever you are and whatever team you support, you simply HAVE to be in awe of this man's genius with a football and loyalty to his club.

:bowdown:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Whoop-de-do! Why do people bum suck Man U and their players so much?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Whoop-de-do! Why do people bum suck Man U and their players so much?

maybe cos if you like football they're great to watch from a neutrals point of view?

it seems to be quite "cool" to hate man united, I dont get it really I think its jealousy. How you can like football and not enjoy watching utd and arsenal play is baffling to me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here