Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
"You can only feel sympathy for Scotland"

No you can't, feck 'em.

16-12 England.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
That was too close for comfort. Good effort by the sweaties but wasn't enough.
England v France next week ..... that'll be a cracker, but England need to be more Disciplined and work on the very weak scrum.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gripping stuff, not great rugby but couldn't take my eyes of it for a second.

Can't see the clueless France we've seen so far turning up next week, they'll definitely raise it against us just like the Scots.

guster

Jul 13, 2011
West Stand Lower
What a load of old rubbish. If you want to see rugby players with a bit of skill watch the NRL grand final tomorrow morning on sky sports. Once you watch rugby league you'll understand just how awful rugby union is.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What a load of old rubbish. If you want to see rugby players with a bit of skill watch the NRL grand final tomorrow morning on sky sports. Once you watch rugby league you'll understand just how awful rugby union is.

So you weren't on the edge of your seat through that? You're probably not English then?

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Well that was shit we won but not convincing at all, Wilko needs to be dropped his kicking game has gone, and the pens we give away are stupid the coaching staff need to answer questions on that.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011

League is shit its more or less touch rugby tackle let him go, f*** that i want some rucks and mauls

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well that was shit we won but not convincing at all, Wilko needs to be dropped his kicking game has gone, and the pens we give away are stupid the coaching staff need to answer questions on that.

Most of the pens were front row collapse and I'm not sure the ref was doing anything but guessing tbh. We were nowhere near as bad at giving the penalties away in the rucks and mauls as we have been imo.

guster

Jul 13, 2011
West Stand Lower
So you weren't on the edge of your seat through that? You're probably not English then?

Dont get me wrong i was cheering England on but i couldnt sit through Union games every week. It's like watching a bunch of amateurs play, no skill, no flair, slow.
Rugby League has everything..... except a decent International game sadly.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale

No-one outside the M62 corridor gives a flying **** about Rugby League in the UK. Don't see the RL World Cup ever getting the coverage the real Rugby World Cup gets.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Dont get me wrong i was cheering England on but i couldnt sit through Union games every week. It's like watching a bunch of amateurs play, no skill, no flair, slow.
Rugby League has everything..... except a decent International game sadly.

Hmmm a game where you get six goes with the ball and then have to hand the ball over has no interest to me I'm afraid. Yes there are some flair backs who make great runs but then have to stick the ball between their legs and try again. No thanks I'll stick to the warts and all more entertaining Union (where incidentally plenty of rugby league players end up, so how do they go from being great to showing no skill, flair and become slow?).

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
England were shit today , dire and pretty clueless against a passionate bunch of swetties .......wilko is finished , flood is the boy.......although i always thought we were going to win this game , we will not get much further unless we give it a f***ing go from the start and loose the conservative streak.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
the aussies and kiwis play league at a much higher standard than what is played in England and that has been proved time and time again , unfortunately.

guster

Jul 13, 2011
West Stand Lower
Hmmm a game where you get six goes with the ball and then have to hand the ball over has no interest to me I'm afraid. Yes there are some flair backs who make great runs but then have to stick the ball between their legs and try again. No thanks I'll stick to the warts and all more entertaining Union (where incidentally plenty of rugby league players end up, so how do they go from being great to showing no skill, flair and become slow?).

They go for the money. The reason they can go is because they're better than Union players. How many Union players are good enough to go to League? They'd have a heart attack after 20 minutes.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"You can only feel sympathy for Scotland"

No you can't, feck 'em.
Lol, I picked up on that too thinking, I'm not feeling it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hmmm a game where you get six goes with the ball and then have to hand the ball over has no interest to me I'm afraid.
This. If I want to watch a game with downs I'll watch american footy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here