Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ruud van Nistelrooy for manager ?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I see the gentleman is in the running for Leicester job.

I don't know much about his style of play but he did well at PSV (not difficult I guess)

Worth an interview for us surely.

Ticks a few boxes

1) sexier than cooper .... Face a little long
2) Dutch. Dutch coaches are awesome.
3) big name.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I see the gentleman is in the running for Leicester job.

I don't know much about his style of play but he did well at PSV (not difficult I guess)

Worth an interview for us surely.

Ticks a few boxes

1) sexier than cooper .... Face a little long
2) Dutch. Dutch coaches are awesome.
3) big name.
A paragraph from a NY Times article about RVN.

“What is important for Van Nistelrooy is that his teams are attacking and dominant on the ball,” said the tactical analyst Marc Lamberts about Van Nistelrooy’s side last season. “For Van Nistelrooy, it’s of extreme importance to have control of possession and making sure you always have an overload against a pressing opposition. So you are playing against a 4-2-3 or a 4-3-3; they will likely press the central defenders with their striker and their 10.”

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
A paragraph from a NY Times article about RVN.

“What is important for Van Nistelrooy is that his teams are attacking and dominant on the ball,” said the tactical analyst Marc Lamberts about Van Nistelrooy’s side last season. “For Van Nistelrooy, it’s of extreme importance to have control of possession and making sure you always have an overload against a pressing opposition. So you are playing against a 4-2-3 or a 4-3-3; they will likely press the central defenders with their striker and their 10.”
Only ever lost 8 games out of 50 as well !! And beat Ajax 4 times in a row

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Left PSV in similar circumstances to RDZ citing frustration at the club’s inability to compete in the market. Selling Madueke, to at the time, mid table Chelsea being an example. He has good management stats but perhaps should have done even better given Ajax’s decline started during his spell.
Not a bad shout though.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
More likely to go with Giovanni van Bronckhorst with 9 years of experience than van Nistelrooy who haven't done a single full season as a manager.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Left PSV in similar circumstances to RDZ citing frustration at the club’s inability to compete in the market. Selling Madueke, to at the time, mid table Chelsea being an example. He has good management stats but perhaps should have done even better given Ajax’s decline started during his spell.
Not a bad shout though.
I think Feyenord have been ultra competitive recently under new Liverpool boss Arne Slot, I don’t think it’s been a one horse race.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Blimey. He's been a manager for nearly 10 years. Not as a high level, doesnt seem 5 mins since he was at Man U.

Left PSV because of lack of support - sounds perfect :rolleyes:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I could see him becoming our MANE candidates. I like his TACKtics.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
This would be an absolute MARE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here