Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rustington Golf Centre

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 2719

B.M.F said:
You failed to hit the driving range off of the first then? Is Moggy's record still intact:lolol:

Yep i managed to miss the driving range thanks. I did stare at the driving range and wondered how Moggy did this amazing shot, obviously he was playing from the furthest tee at the back and not the front!!

:ohmy:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Mouldy Boots said:
Yep i managed to miss the driving range thanks. I did stare at the driving range and wondered how Moggy did this amazing shot, obviously he was playing from the furthest tee at the back and not the front!!

:ohmy:

Think it was one of the front tees mate:lolol: Only the perfect slice can achieve the marvel that Mogster did:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Alas Moggy is not the only one.
I friend has done it, although nobody was suprised.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The funniest thing I've ever seen on a golf course happened at RGC. Two lads teeing off on the first in front of us, one whacks the ball cleanly, soars up and slightly left ..... until it hit the electricity pylon and bounced straight back and ended up 10 yards behind the guy who had hit it. Classic !

It took me and my mate at least 10 mintues to stop laughing enough to tee off.

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
Hmmm. I perfected the said pylon shot on my one and only visit to RGC about 10 years ago. I was playing with my brother as well. Please say it wasnt around this time period?

D

Deleted member 2719

Tricky Dicky said:
The funniest thing I've ever seen on a golf course happened at RGC. Two lads teeing off on the first in front of us, one whacks the ball cleanly, soars up and slightly left ..... until it hit the electricity pylon and bounced straight back and ended up 10 yards behind the guy who had hit it. Classic !

It took me and my mate at least 10 mintues to stop laughing enough to tee off.

My mate hit a yardage board on saturday and that bounced behind him.

Did i Laugh or just cringe?

Abit of both actually.

:lolol:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Eastleigh Seagull said:
Hmmm. I perfected the said pylon shot on my one and only visit to RGC about 10 years ago. I was playing with my brother as well. Please say it wasnt around this time period?

I would guess 10 years ago IS about right. Did you have 2 guys rolling around on the floor laughing behind you ?

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
It must have been a Saturday morning - there were at least two groups of people waiting to tee off. Mentioned to my brother that a witness to the incident may have been found and he agrees it was his greatest golf moment ever.

Must have been one of my finest ever drives off a first tee - I was gutted!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Eastleigh Seagull said:
It must have been a Saturday morning - there were at least two groups of people waiting to tee off. Mentioned to my brother that a witness to the incident may have been found and he agrees it was his greatest golf moment ever.

Must have been one of my finest ever drives off a first tee - I was gutted!

Well, if that was you, and it was us, then it was a priviledge to have been there. The story has been recanted on many an occassion to fellow golfers everywhere.

D

Deleted member 2719

Eastleigh Seagull said:
its a small world....

I feel like Cilla bringing you both together after all those years!!

:lolol:

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
you have no idea how much amusement you have brought me and indeed my brother. It is very much our stock golf story and to find someone after so long who witnessed the incident is well weird.

In fact rather than Cilla Iwould suggest you are more like Eamonn Andrews bringing in Dicky as the coup de grace at the end of This is Your Life.

D

Deleted member 2719

Eastleigh Seagull said:
you have no idea how much amusement you have brought me and indeed my brother. It is very much our stock golf story and to find someone after so long who witnessed the incident is well weird.

In fact rather than Cilla Iwould suggest you are more like Eamonn Andrews bringing in Dicky as the coup de grace at the end of This is Your Life.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Eastleigh Seagull said:

If I had a golf club in my hand anywhere near Cilla, I think the temptation might be just too much - know what I mean ??

I have another funny golf story - although I wasn't there. My MD at my last city company was playing at a very expensive course entertaining some of the wealthiest men in the country, i.e. fellow MDs of other city companies, e.g. Salomon Bros, Merrill Lynch etc. My boss teed off first in front of everyone, topped his drive, the ball went straight up in the air, back over his head and rolled down the roof of the club shop behind him, into the gutter and down the drain.

:bowdown:

Staypuft

Sep 21, 2006
Lewes
Tricky Dicky said:
If I had a golf club in my hand anywhere near Cilla, I think the temptation might be just too much - know what I mean ??

I have another funny golf story - although I wasn't there. My MD at my last city company was playing at a very expensive course entertaining some of the wealthiest men in the country, i.e. fellow MDs of other city companies, e.g. Salomon Bros, Merrill Lynch etc. My boss teed off first in front of everyone, topped his drive, the ball went straight up in the air, back over his head and rolled down the roof of the club shop behind him, into the gutter and down the drain.

:bowdown:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: V good

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Mouldy Boots said:
Anyone played there?

What condition is it in?

Does Vulture live at the 19th hole?

I am sad to say Vulture has passed away and is buried at the 19th hole.The guilty party is a turkey

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here