Anyone played there?

What condition is it in?

Does Vulture live at the 19th hole?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not a fan.

Always good for a 'quick' 9 holes, but a full 18, is just the same thing twice.

Would send you to Hill Barn, or even Avisford Pk.

But Rustington's range & facilities are spot on.

D

Deleted member 2719

Stat Brother said:
I'm not a fan.

Always good for a 'quick' 9 holes, but a full 18, is just the same thing twice.

Would send you to Hill Barn, or even Avisford Pk.

But Rustington's range & facilities are spot on.

Played Avisford park last summer and found it good value for the condition.

I have been invited to make up a four ball tommorrow, i had a suspicion that it would be boring, flat and open, so does that sound right to you?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Mouldy Boots said:

I have been invited to make up a four ball tommorrow, i had a suspicion that it would be boring, flat and open, so does that sound right to you?

Pretty much. A couple of nice holes and good if you have not played for a while. Moggy always manages to hit the driving range off of the 1st which is always amusing as it takes one hell of a slice to do it:lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mouldy Boots said:

I'm afraid so. Mildly undulation & open.
There really is no difference between at least 6 of the 9 tee boxes & for the other ones you're only looking @ a matter of yards, in the same direction.
So if you're not into it for the 1st 9, the 2nd has nothing to look forward to.

Sorry

D

Deleted member 2719

B.M.F said:
Pretty much. A couple of nice holes and good if you have not played for a while. Moggy always manages to hit the driving range off of the 1st which is always amusing as it takes one hell of a slice to do it:lolol:

I will do my best to replicate Moggy's shot then!

:clap2: :clap2:

D

Deleted member 2719

Stat Brother said:
I'm afraid so. Mildly undulation & open.
There really is no difference between at least 6 of the 9 tee boxes & for the other ones you're only looking @ a matter of yards, in the same direction.
So if you're not into it for the 1st 9, the 2nd has nothing to look forward to.

Sorry

Thanks for info, i think the Lads i am playing with probably didn't want anything too testing, which is a shame :down:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
The only thing that I remember about the last time I played there was catching the root of a tree with one shot which almost shatered my wrist. Hurt like fuckin hell and I could not even play a shot with a putter after that:nono:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Also I've played there a few times when it's looked more like a crazy golf course. Chav's strolling around with a club over there shoulder.
Once I played behind a bloke who had his stiletto healed wife in tow. She began to play, air shots & other pointless stuff.
I tolerated it for 1 hole, people queing up behind, they showed no sign of letting people through.
So I sent a drive down & much to my suprise it was accurate & very nearly hit her, still at least they got the message.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

B.M.F said:
The only thing that I remember about the last time I played there was catching the root of a tree with one shot which almost shatered my wrist. Hurt like fuckin hell and I could not even play a shot with a putter after that:nono:

Well at least there are some trees there!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mouldy Boots said:
Well at least there are some trees there!

It's not a good day if your in them, it's not exactly a tight course.
(Also from personel experience :down: )

D

Deleted member 2719

Stat Brother said:
Also I've played there a few times when it's looked more like a crazy golf course. Chav's strolling around with a club over there shoulder.
Once I played behind a bloke who had his stiletto healed wife in tow. She began to play, air shots & other pointless stuff.
I tolerated it for 1 hole, people queing up behind, they showed no sign of letting people through.
So I sent a drive down & much to my suprise it was accurate & very nearly hit her, still at least they got the message.

Golf courses really are not places for chavs dare i say it, they are for the more refined country gentlemen.

:jester: :D

D

Deleted member 2719

Stat Brother said:
It's not a good day if your in them, it's not exactly a tight course.
(Also from personel experience :down: )

So i should be able to take just the one golf ball then?

:)

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
seven stands said:
think the 19th is just a fridge as you go in to the shop bit. only ever done the range so maybe a proper club house somewhere

Nope you're right it is a fridge. You'll be much better off paying an extra few quid and playing Hill Barn which last time I played there was turning into a very nice course.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
chez said:
Nope you're right it is a fridge. You'll be much better off paying an extra few quid and playing Hill Barn which last time I played there was turning into a very nice course.

Confirmed, took the society I organize to Hill Barn last June. Course was in excellent condition, received a lovely welcome from the staff, and was excellent VFM.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Hill Barn is a great course, just gotta watch out for the Adders nest(near the 11th I believe) and the hornest nest, which is on the walk up from the 6th....

Off top play Cottesmore this morning, never been before anyone got a view on it at this ungodly hour?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How did you get on, Mouldy.

Did you just stick to the 1 ball?.

D

Deleted member 2719

Stat Brother said:
How did you get on, Mouldy.

Did you just stick to the 1 ball?.

No i am afraid the lakes took one ball.

I haven't played for sometime and played with a mate and two others who had only played twice on a 18hole golf course - let's just say it was interesting, being an ex-greenkeeper i was cringing at the lack of etiquitte!!

I had to mention to one of the guys after he had both feet on my putting line for about the fourth time - never mind it was enjoyable just to get the swing going again, but as you said the course was flat and boring playing the same holes twice.

Mind you i had a few good holes after i had warmed up abit.

Thanks for the Info anyway.

:thumbsup:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
You failed to hit the driving range off of the first then? Is Moggy's record still intact:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here