Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Fascism, terrorism.

There is no military purpose in hitting grain silos, none.

We are witnessing the closest thing to that which many of our grand, or great grandparents did in the early 40's.

Genocidal fascists without any morals or limits, underpinned by a never ending web of lies.
Exactly. It's the weaponising of global food supplies. I hope the countries whose supplies will be affected by this are watching and understanding.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Not long now, I think, until Putin is ousted.

His Bungleskrieg is unsustainable. They are approaching a quarter of a million Russian dead.
One would hope so @sparkie , but I wonder how many of even the Russian top military or elite have any idea of that likely number.
I can imagine they haven't even counted the convicts that have died, or a lot of ethnic minorities from the provinces.
Are we aware of any Russian military blogger who has said (or dared to) anything close to that number, on state TV or social media?
I really have no idea how opaque their whole misinformation bubble is at the very top 🤔.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

His Bungleskrieg is unsustainable. They are approaching a quarter of a million Russian dead.
I know we're a pretty well mannered family club, but I must admit, I hope to see Putin dragged through the streets and beaten to a pulp by the people.

Thats one PPV i'd pay for.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

I hope you’re right. I fear you’re not.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
One would hope so @sparkie , but I wonder how many of even the Russian top military or elite have any idea of that likely number.
I can imagine they haven't even counted the convicts that have died, or a lot of ethnic minorities from the provinces.
Are we aware of any Russian military blogger who has said (or dared to) anything close to that number, on state TV or social media?
I really have no idea how opaque their whole misinformation bubble is at the very top 🤔.

That’s the issue that exercises my mind, how accurate is the information that the Kremlin receive? If Putin isn’t being given bad news, and is having minor victories overstated, he’s probably happy to continue for as long as the good news keeps rolling in.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
That’s the issue that exercises my mind, how accurate is the information that the Kremlin receive? If Putin isn’t being given bad news, and is having minor victories overstated, he’s probably happy to continue for as long as the good news keeps rolling in.
I think that's right in this case: 'don't tell the boss bad news'.
I believe it will take a big breakthrough in the front line, in more than one place, plus a capitulation of Russian troops in those areas, to make it more visible that things might not be going to plan.
Or possibly the Kerch bridges (road and rail) dropped 100% 🤞🤞

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Cunty Mccuntface trying out his new salute, hasn't quite mastered it yet but it won't be long.

Putin Merkel GIF

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The unsustainability of the ever increasing numbers of Russians dead in Ukraine. We are approaching a quarter of a million.

The problem is, the people is Russia who would care about that a) don't know and b) have no power to do anything about it anyway. So what if it's a million dead? They can't overthrow him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here