Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
ahh the Chechens ...lets look into that shall we .....oh no , let's not .......English people , unless politically driven , are pretty clueless as to global politics , they won't realise anything is wrong until their spring roll or kebab goes up x 5 .

U OK hun? xx

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Worrying news coming out is Russian planes attacking Belarus settlements from Ukraine, Given the Belarus leader is in Russia at the moment I can only see Belarus coming in to the war?

Is this/could this be one of the famous Russian false flag ops to get Belarus involved ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Worrying news coming out is Russian planes attacking Belarus settlements from Ukraine, Given the Belarus leader is in Russia at the moment I can only see Belarus coming in to the war?

Isn't Belarus already in the war?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
ahh the Chechens ...lets look into that shall we .....oh no , let's not .......English people , unless politically driven , are pretty clueless as to global politics , they won't realise anything is wrong until their spring roll or kebab goes up x 5 .

I think there's very few on NSC who appreciate how lucky we are to have such an expert on Global politics on the board to correct us :bowdown:

I think the word randomiser and sticky full stop button on your keyboard tends to hide your true expertise :wink:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not direct but they will be soon by the looks of it.

I get the impression that Russian losses mean that they need troops from Belarus and indeed mercenary groups from Syria to boost manpower. Trouble is the Belarus troops are probably not going to be motivated as much as the Russian cannon fodder that has already been deployed....They might be even less keen to fight as its not really their argument.

It was pointed out somewhere that almost whenever you see Ukrainian forces operating outside of cities they are bristling with RPG's and anti Tank missiles including Javelins, looks like Russian vehicles are getting smashed at almost every opportunity so troops from Belarus might have to go in on foot against well defended and well motivated Ukrainian positions.... they say you need 4-1 superiority in those situations, not good for low calibre troops.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I think there's very few on NSC who appreciate how lucky we are to have such an expert on Global politics on the board to correct us :bowdown:

I think the word randomiser and sticky full stop button on your keyboard tends to hide your true expertise :wink:

I hope you're not suggesting that Sidders is using the sticky full stop button to disguise the fact that he has difficulty with punctuation? That he feels inadequate in the presence of better educated English people, so he feels he had better disguise his lack of English in case they take the piss out of it?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
[tweet]1502281843776835589[/tweet]

You wont understand whats being said, but its a captured Russian Pilot who says he dropped heavy bombs on civillian areas in Kharkiv. He knew they were not military targets, but he still had to follow orders.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
[tweet]1502281843776835589[/tweet]

You wont understand whats being said, but its a captured Russian Pilot who says he dropped heavy bombs on civillian areas in Kharkiv. He knew they were not military targets, but he still had to follow orders.

I'm not sure that having captured fighters of either side paraded on tv and saying things like this is very good long term. The Russians could put captured Ukrainians in the same position and make them "Admit " they are drug fuelled Nazis or else. We in the West don't need a prisoner to tell us that civilian areas are being bombed and shelled, its in plain view.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'm not sure that having captured fighters of either side paraded on tv and saying things like this is very good long term. The Russians could put captured Ukrainians in the same position and make them "Admit " they are drug fuelled Nazis or else. We in the West don't need a prisoner to tell us that civilian areas are being bombed and shelled, its in plain view.

The audience isnt you or I, of course its obvious, The audience is Russian civillians

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The audience isnt you or I, of course its obvious, The audience is Russian civillians

Would ordinary Russians believe this though ? story's are rife about a girl in Kyiv phoning her dad in Russia telling him they are being shelled and the father saying that she was lying !

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

it may help for future potential legal proceedings :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Lithuania's minister of defence
[tweet]1501839861522837504[/tweet]

Pentagon National Security reporter
[tweet]1502295665950564355[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here