Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
It's hard to show gratitude when your kids are being kidnapped, hospitals and towns are being smashed and threats of nuclear wipeout. At best, Wallace's comment is ill-advised or ill-timed.
He's got to think beyond that, publicly anyway. US citizens love the "thank you for saving us" "we'd be dead without you" "we're so grateful" kind of thing. Really wouldn't take too many missteps by Zelensky for a growing group in the US to insist the US pull back on support. Hell they still expect Britain to continue heaping praise on them for WW2.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Tory’s want the whole world to be grateful to them, for everything.

Perhaps he’s missing praise in his life? After all, nobody in the U.K. is saying thank you to our government these days and won’t be for quite some time.

Reactions: A1X

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
He's got to think beyond that, publicly anyway. US citizens love the "thank you for saving us" "we'd be dead without you" "we're so grateful" kind of thing. Really wouldn't take too many missteps by Zelensky for a growing group in the US to insist the US pull back on support. Hell they still expect Britain to continue heaping praise on them for WW2.
I think there's something in this. Ridiculous as it sounds, the future of his nation depends on the hearts and minds in marginal US states and districts.

He must tread a line, no matter many more immediate priorities he has.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
If I had Vladimir Putin’s email address, if I had an opportunity to communicate directly with him, and try to sum up the results of his idiotic decision making, the needless deaths and destruction, the weakening of Russia as a global power and the resulting strengthening of NATO…

…I think I would simply write ‘Twat.’
I don’t have his email address but their London embassy is secretariat@rusemb.org.uk or, for foreign policy queries it’s foreignpolicy@rusemb.org.uk. They also have separate email addresses for queries on economic affairs, press and bilateral affairs queries. But don’t count on your messages being passed on to the Kremlin. More likely you’ll get a knock on your door or something smeared on your door handle.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I don’t have his email address but their London embassy is secretariat@rusemb.org.uk or, for foreign policy queries it’s foreignpolicy@rusemb.org.uk. They also have separate email addresses for queries on economic affairs, press and bilateral affairs queries. But don’t count on your messages being passed on to the Kremlin. More likely you’ll get a knock on your door or something smeared on your door handle.
It’s not a risk I’m willing to take unless I’m absolutely certain it’s going direct to the guy that needs to hear it.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Be careful with the message @chickens ... Google translate takes 'twat' into Russian, but then reverse translates the result as 'pussy'. That may or may not have the desired impact.

Hmmm. Pussy communicates the lack of nerve of somebody who’s body doubles visit the front line in his place, and who flies off on his private jet when he thinks someone’s coming after him.

However, it doesn’t convey the necessary disdain for his hubristic decision-making, his willingness to send tens of thousands of his own countrymen to their deaths, let alone the shattered lives of the people of Ukraine.

I’m sorry, I don’t think ‘pussy’ will do.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

Ukraine may well be the first nation to have the temerity to perform on Russian soil, what Russia has been routinely doing on its own soil to its own people, for generations.

It will be interesting to watch the reactions of ordinary Russians, as the real world is slowly revealed to them, and they emerge blinking in the sunlight.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Ukraine may well be the first nation to have the temerity to perform on Russian soil, what Russia has been routinely doing on its own soil to its own people, for generations.

It will be interesting to watch the reactions of ordinary Russians, as the real world is slowly revealed to them, and they emerge blinking in the sunlight.
Sadly I think they will believe it to be Western propaganda.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Sadly I think they will believe it to be Western propaganda.
But I wasn't only talking about the hacking of Russian TV, which some Russians will believe and some won't.

I was also talking about carrying out planned assassinations, exactly as Budanov promises in post #12,115.

Innocent Russians will have nothing to fear. But the guilty ones will be living in fear for the rest of their lives.
And their elimination won't be so easy to a) prevent and b) dismiss as western propaganda.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Excellent news if Ukraine intends to follow the MOSSAD model. Keep those ****s looking over their shoulder forever. Bring them the good news that what goes around comes around :wave:
It is good news. Murderers and rapists should know and fear that there is some prospect of justice.

But operating assassination squads in Russia is tough to do in practice (though I confess to having limited experience in doing so)

It stands to reason they need decent equipment, safe houses and support networks etc. All of which are likely to be uncovered through torture. Russia still retains a large secret police, it won't be that Ukrainian assassins will be able to go through the country with impunity

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It is good news. Murderers and rapists should know and fear that there is some prospect of justice.

But operating assassination squads in Russia is tough to do in practice (though I confess to having limited experience in doing so)

It stands to reason they need decent equipment, safe houses and support networks etc. All of which are likely to be uncovered through torture. Russia still retains a large secret police, it won't be that Ukrainian assassins will be able to go through the country with impunity
All true.
However, I was reading about this very subject a few weeks ago.

Russia’s weakest link when it comes to combatting cells in their midst is that it is so easy to bribe officials there.

If you have money, you can pretty much go anywhere and get to anyone. Within reason.

Russias’s government workers and officials are some of the most curruptable in the world.

Of course, that also has its flip side for espionage and resistance fighters. Not one of the fuckers can be trusted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here