Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Zelinsky on his way to the US. Genuinely hope he has tight security over there. Will be a target for Russian operatives over there, plus there’s always the risk of some random right wing nutter who’s snuffling up the Russian propaganda truffles.

Yup, I very rarely feel protective of any country’s political class, but Zelensky has proven himself several times over.

There are plenty of fools in the US who have doubled down on the “alt-right” conspiracy nonsense that I suspect is at least in part Russian funded, and I can only hope that security around him is airtight.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Zelinsky on his way to the US. Genuinely hope he has tight security over there. Will be a target for Russian operatives over there, plus there’s always the risk of some random right wing nutter who’s snuffling up the Russian propaganda truffles.
I can almost guarantee that 9/10ths of yanks haven’t got a clue who he is or what is happening in Ukraine.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yup, I very rarely feel protective of any country’s political class, but Zelensky has proven himself several times over.

There are plenty of fools in the US who have doubled down on the “alt-right” conspiracy nonsense that I suspect is at least in part Russian funded, and I can only hope that security around him is airtight.
Just heard some analysis on 5live about the visit. A U.S political expert suggested that some republicans are questioning the support for the Ukraine based on their admiration of Putin and Russia. That is ****ing mental. It’s not a conspiracy theory, it’s real.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I can almost guarantee that 9/10ths of yanks haven’t got a clue who he is or what is happening in Ukraine.
Uh, Zuhlinski? Ain’t that that ho Monica that commie liberal Bill Clinton was screwin’ in the White House?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Jesus wept.
I think Jesus would have stood there dumbfounded, open jawed, not knowing what to say or what to do.

The best tweet above is 'We know there is no war.' This is a whole new step up from 'Covid doesn't exist'.
Now that Covid has past its peak, it has created a vacancy in some people's minds. They need a new conspiracy to froth about.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Uh, Zuhlinski? Ain’t that that ho Monica that commie liberal Bill Clinton was screwin’ in the White House?
Hang on thar a cottonpickin' minute!

Didn't he swear on the bible 'I never had sexual relations with that woman'?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Just when you thought it was impossible for Putin to be any more ridiculous:

'Ukraine war: Russia not to blame for conflict - Putin'

'There's nothing to accuse us of. We've always seen Ukrainians as a brotherly people and I still think so.'

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Don't take some media reports, and for God sakes random Twitter accounts, to mean Americans don't support or know what is going on in Ukraine. The majority of Americans support the war in Ukraine, and the US is doing the heavy lifting in financial donations and military donations. Plenty of support for Ukraine, flags flying at peoples houses etc...

The Buffalo Bills tailgates I go to every home game are a great view into what Americans are thinking about, believe me they will tell you. The people support this, they are still split on Biden/Trump/Desantis but they support Ukraine with money and the military. And if they ever pull back it will be a money question.
Support in Billions as of Nov 10

Screenshot 2022-12-21 at 1.42.26 PM.png

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Don't take some media reports, and for God sakes random Twitter accounts, to mean Americans don't support or know what is going on in Ukraine. The majority of Americans support the war in Ukraine, and the US is doing the heavy lifting in financial donations and military donations. Plenty of support for Ukraine, flags flying at peoples houses etc...

The Buffalo Bills tailgates I go to every home game are a great view into what Americans are thinking about, believe me they will tell you. The people support this, they are still split on Biden/Trump/Desantis but they support Ukraine with money and the military. And if they ever pull back it will be a money question.
Support in Billions as of Nov 10

View attachment 154931
Where are the French?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here