Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
He seems to want Russia to commit genocide until they get bored doing so.

That Winston Churchill is a war monger, he should sit down and talk peace to Hitler, arming the french resistance is just prolonging the suffering. I'm sure european jews dont want this needless fighting to continue and would prefer peace talks over more arms to the allies.

Jeremy Corbyn circa 1942

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Never underestimate the armed forces on either side. It was a Russian who prevented a nuclear war in 1962 in the Cuba crisis.

https://www.trtworld.com/magazine/how-a-russian-soldier-prevented-world-war-iii-59-years-ago-51120

fyi and i cant corroberate the actual factualness of this claim, but the Mrs (being ukrainian) watches quite a bit in her own lingo and theres a former very high up member of the security services, with a YT channel over 1M, who lives in US and has a lot of contacts still in the Russian security services, Yuri Boris Schvets.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb2oej0JtxlnywlqoSiHHVQ[/video]

anyway he says (if true) that Putin has been informed by security services that if he lets off nuclear weapon of any description over Ukraine conflict, he himself will be liquidated.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
fyi and i cant corroberate the actual factualness of this claim, but the Mrs (being ukrainian) watches quite a bit in her own lingo and theres a former very high up member of the security services, with a YT channel over 1M, who lives in US and has a lot of contacts still in the Russian security services, Yuri Boris Schvets.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb2oej0JtxlnywlqoSiHHVQ[/video]

anyway he says (if true) that Putin has been informed by security services that if he lets off nuclear weapon of any description over Ukraine conflict, he himself will be liquidated.

That wouldn’t surprise me.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
That Winston Churchill is a war monger, he should sit down and talk peace to Hitler, arming the french resistance is just prolonging the suffering. I'm sure european jews dont want this needless fighting to continue and would prefer peace talks over more arms to the allies.

Jeremy Corbyn circa 1942

Spot on. Let's all join the appeasement brigade and let the invaders and war crime mongers lead us to a safe, sunlit future.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905

Jeremy Corbyn circa 1942

I know this is tongue in cheek - but that attitude was prevalent within a portion of the Conservative Party at the time. By that point every Communist would have been rattling their sabres very loudly - and if they didn't, Stalin would have them shot.

It's a very odd comment by Corbyn, I could understand it if there were just words between Russia and Ukraine, but his statement fails to acknowledge that one sovereign state has invaded another - and thus he is completely out of step with the reason Ukraine is getting the arms from the West.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well, since this thread doesn't appear to be about the Russia Ukraine war any more,

Who's your preferred choice, Sunak or Truss ? Or are you still pining for another dose of Johnson :wink:

Neither both are tainted in their support for Boris who should've walked a long time ago.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
What's the latest ? We hear pretty well nothing on the news these days, apart from the fact that Russia is now allowed to export Ukrainian grain, thus rewarding Putin for his aggression, or should we say genocide. Perhaps hostilities have ceased, and life has returned to normal, but somehow I doubt it.

Nibbler

710 77345
Aug 12, 2014
Westdene
Yes, enormous mushroom cloud over the Russian airbase in Crimea, more than 200km from the front line. It seems the Ukranians are now trying out the longer range missile variant of HIMARS which can reach 320km.

Funnily enough the Russian Defence Ministry are saying that no-one was injured and there was a detonation of munitions but denied there was a missile strike. Ok then.

https://www.kyivpost.com/russias-wa...trike-russian-military-airbase-in-crimea.html

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes, enormous mushroom cloud over the Russian airbase in Crimea, more than 200km from the front line. It seems the Ukranians are now trying out the longer range missile variant of HIMARS which can reach 320km.

Funnily enough the Russian Defence Ministry are saying that no-one was injured and there was a detonation of munitions but denied there was a missile strike. Ok then.

https://www.kyivpost.com/russias-wa...trike-russian-military-airbase-in-crimea.html
Very worrying for Russia if their ordinance keeps going off in the back yard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here