Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
A similar view taken by one Neville Chamberlain in 1938 … that went well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who knows how it would have ended of we’d have taken a sterner approach, sooner, but I repeat: Hitler didn’t have access to nuclear weapons. That is clearly a key consideration in the approach that is being take.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
What does BP's offload of stake in Russian oil mean exactly please anyone? Just announced. Ta.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Well in that case we have a world war then, in all reality. Not much we can do about that if that’s the case, but I’d rather we didn’t do anything to increase the prospects of that happening.

Neville chamberlain …….

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Who knows how it would have ended of we’d have taken a sterner approach, sooner, but I repeat: Hitler didn’t have access to nuclear weapons. That is clearly a key consideration in the approach that is being take.

Then he has won. End of.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Then he has won. End of.

Not if Ukraine turn it into a guerrilla war once the country has fallen. Russia will not be able to control all of Ukraine. Long drawn out war if it doesn’t go Worldwide, which is a real prospect the way this is ramping up.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
BP is exiting it's 20% shareholding in Rosneft. They have not said what "exiting" means as yet as there won't be many who want to buy those shares! Both BP nominated directors to resign immediately.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1497940480578969604[/tweet]

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Not if Ukraine turn it into a guerrilla war once the country has fallen. Russia will not be able to control all of Ukraine. Long drawn out war if it doesn’t go Worldwide, which is a real prospect the way this is ramping up.

Totally agree. Just responding to Pooja and his assertion that we should effectively given in because of putins threat of using nuclear weapons ….

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I'll repeat it again, youre clueless. Youre the hard left version of Swansman. A nut.

You do realise it was the same false pretext Hitler used in the Suduntenland to invade Czechoslavakia.

I'm beside myself really with this total nonsense, from a wife who comes from as far in the East of Ukraine as you can be Mariupol, who is ethnic Russian speaker, whose family are cowering right now as Russian missiles rein down on civilian areas, where locals in the street have been killed, homes destroyed and you spout imaginary Kremlin talking points.
You can enjoy your loony left utopian fantasy land all you like, but the discrimination from nazis driving people out of eastern ukraine is beyond deluded and utterly clueless.

Ukraine is a soverign nation, the peoples republics are not real, they were Russian actors who seized building with Russian special ops, and the latest high tech weaponary claiming to be civilians.... at a time when the Ukrainian army was weak..... Oh I know the kremlin, russian state TV narratives of 2014, that Nazis are coming to drive you out, but thats what it was narrative. Nobody was driven out, they came to defend their nation against a hybrid Russian invasion.

Svoboda is a Ukrainian nationalist party that polls under 2%, not in power ever, an opposition party a bit like UKip. The current President is a Russian speaking Jew, his grandfather was in the red army, he lost family to the concentration camps, the Ukrainian PM is a Jew too.

The Azov battalion was a defence battalion that tried to protect Ukrainian cities in the east from Hybrid Russian take over (with Neo Nazi Russians - sorry thats not told to you on RT). Wagner group - the way Russia tries to insert Russian fighting troops into conflicts like hybrid take overs without being regular troops, is full of Neo Nazis.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/wagners-rusich-neo-nazi-attack-unit-hints-its-going-back-into-ukraine-undercover

https://euromaidanpress.com/2015/08/30/german-neo-nazis-carry-dnr-flag-while-kremlin-tries-to-portray-it-as-anti-fascist/

The Russians tried to also Seize Mariupol, Kharkiv and Odessa also but the Russians, yes actual Russian citizens, neo nazis and hard lefties with Russian special ops, sent from Russia (not Ukrainian Russian speakers), were driven out of seizing administrative buildings and trying to do what they succeded with in Donetsk and Luhansk.

https://sciencenorway.no/conflict-foreign-fighters-terrorism/this-is-where-neo-nazi-foreign-fighters-fought-alongside-communists/1853856

Ukraine had no military, the money was stolen, they had nothing and were willing to use anyone to defend against seizure of cities by Russians.

Thats the truth. the rubbish you spout is Kremlin myth. I despise hard left and hard right extremists ideoligcally, but if Hard left and right French citizens started to seize buildings in Brighton and get French speaking Brightonians to rise up against the rest, I wouldnt care what your political views are. You stop them and send them packing. It was military defence not political or ideological.

Don’t be concerned about him. He is a self confessed supporter of Militant Tendency. Best wishes to your wife’s family.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Ukraine's interior minister reported that missiles had been launched from Belarus into northern Ukraine (see our post at 4.34 GMT).

He now says they hit an airport in the city of Zhytomyr.

"This is what's been hit by the Iskanders fired from Belarus at about 17:00... the Russian and Belarusian fascists have targeted Zhytomyr Airport," Anton Herashchenko posted on Telegram

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
[tweet]1497953091341234176[/tweet]

Our brave PM on the front line (*front line at Brize Norton)

(Original tweet)

2da355fd7641b6e8b1efaf7c3d8016b1.jpg

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Totally agree. Just responding to Pooja and his assertion that we should effectively given in because of putins threat of using nuclear weapons ….

No one is suggesting we give in; I’m saying I believe we are correct not to directly intervene militarily in Ukraine right at this moment. Do you genuinely believe we should?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here