Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just seen that on Sky News, not sure what that means at the moment.
Does it mean he is for or against the invasion or is it to do with the sanctions, is he buggering back off to Russia for the foreseeable future.
Chelsea will still have dirty money though, won't they.
Also just heard that Trump has opened his stupid potty mouth again, going to see what he has said this time.

His daughter has tweeted in support of the Ukranians.

He is an Israeli citizen. OK he creamed off a mint by being in the right place at the right time but there is no chance he's a Putinette.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
[tweet]1497653455246303233[/tweet]

Saw this posted earlier by the Bishop Auckland MP:

Ukraine.jpg

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Credible reports from journalists in Kyiv suggest an air raid is expected imminently. It’s close to midnight in Ukraine, and citizens have endured night time attacks over the last two nights.

Air-raid sirens have started in Kyiv as the city braces for another night of Russian attacks.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That has Obergruppenführer Pätel written all over it

Edited (in a tiny way) for you.

Repulsive human being, that she is.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1497683397270978569[/tweet]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Saw this posted earlier by the Bishop Auckland MP:

View attachment 145528

So basically they’re improving the efficiency of visa applications on the other side of Europe, which is no use to the people stuck at Gare du Nord?

Compare this to Ireland which has waived ALL visa requirements for Ukrainians and it looks pretty rubbish, doesn’t it?

EDIT - Unless work sets them free, obviously…

[tweet]1497686802798465024[/tweet]

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I received an email this evening from uksoccershop.com telling me they're going to have to refund me the money I spent this morning ordering a Ukraine football shirt as they've actually now sold out of them.

Well done likeminded people of The UK who got one before I could. :clap2:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
A terrible report from Kyiv, where it seems the Okhmadyt children’s cancer hospital has been struck by artillery fire. Last year the hospital won a grant which enabled it to receive “modern equipment and a powerful telemedicine centre for minimally invasive surgery”, Lviv Now reported.

One child confirmed dead.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
So basically they’re improving the efficiency of visa applications on the other side of Europe, which is no use to the people stuck at Gare du Nord?

Compare this to Ireland which has waived ALL visa requirements for Ukrainians and it looks pretty rubbish, doesn’t it?

EDIT - Unless work sets them free, obviously…

[tweet]1497686802798465024[/tweet]

So the UK government IS trying to help them then even if the way they are going about it is rather odd?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So the UK government IS trying to help them then even if the way they are going about it is rather odd?

They’re doing something approaching a bare minimum, if that’s what you’re wanting me to say. A paltry effort still overshadowed by basically everyone else, but yes it is technically something to help.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Air raid sirens sounded a short time ago. This time the warnings were alarmingly specific: incoming missiles expected within minutes.

Kyiv is bracing itself as never before. One MP us that Russia “will hit us with all they have”.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
They’re doing something approaching a bare minimum, if that’s what you’re wanting me to say. A paltry effort still overshadowed by basically everyone else, but yes it is technically something to help.

I am not trying to get you to say anything. I personally don't use Twitter and would not rely on it for anything, frankly.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
A terrible report from Kyiv, where it seems the Okhmadyt children’s cancer hospital has been struck by artillery fire. Last year the hospital won a grant which enabled it to receive “modern equipment and a powerful telemedicine centre for minimally invasive surgery”, Lviv Now reported.

One child confirmed dead.

Sickening.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The battle for Kyiv is obviously going to be very important though in what way remains to be seen. If (or perhaps when) Russia take control over Kyiv we'll probably get a clearer view of how this will develop; will they settle for ending this seven year war and take control over the most important regions? In that case I suspect a quick deescalation of the situation from the global perspective. Or will they try to annex the entire Ukraine? In that case there will obviously be more war, and a higher chance of the West getting more involved.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
MSM cant even spell keyev properly they keep calling it Kyiv

Shows you what theys know typical snowflakes

Regards

DF

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The battle for Kyiv is obviously going to be very important though in what way remains to be seen. If (or perhaps when) Russia take control over Kyiv we'll probably get a clearer view of how this will develop; will they settle for ending this seven year war and take control over the most important regions? In that case I suspect a quick deescalation of the situation from the global perspective. Or will they try to annex the entire Ukraine? In that case there will obviously be more war, and a higher chance of the West getting more involved.

'The West' are starting to cut some Russian banks off from SWIFT I see. Commiserations. Go and watch RT and a have another joint.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here