Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russia banned! (from athletics, not Euro '16)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cycling has indeed set the blue print out. I actually enjoy watching cycling much more knowing it is clean.
Oh lets not sprint finish before we get the stabilisers off!!

Cycling has indeed set the blue print out. I actually enjoy watching cycling much more knowing those that aren't clean are likely to get caught.

I can point to a fair few reasons why cycling may well be clean, all of which combined to even be seen as conclusive proof.
But I just don't see that genie happily and quietly climbing back into the bottle.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Russia operated a state-sponsored doping programme for four years across the "vast majority" of summer and winter Olympic sports, claims a new report.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/36823453

Mutko Vitaly looks like his name is now dirt in athletics but will he still be good enough for FIFA? The head of their athletics is also their FIFA rep!

Current member of the executive committee for FIFA.
President of the Russian Football Union (2005-2010)
Member of the Technical Development Commission (2005-2010)
Member of the Task Force: 'For the Good of the Game'

Hopefully the corrupt house of cards will start to fall!
When will countries start to pull out the world cup?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Of all the horror stories and shocks that have occurred this year, this is the very least surprising of all. Throw them out of everything until they start dope testing properly.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Should have the 2018 WC taken off of them now and any other events they're due to host
At least Putin is now 'On Best Behaviour' until after WC 2018.

No coincidence that his troops didn't enter Ukraine until after the Olympics.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Of all the horror stories and shocks that have occurred this year, this is the very least surprising of all. Throw them out of everything until they start dope testing properly.
They'll never dope test properly. They will see this as a failure by them to properly conceal their cheating, and they'll look at ways to improve their deception. The thought of not actually cheating will never even occur to them.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
And shafted the brave athlete who whistle blew and wanted to run as an independent!!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What a ****ing farce.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thread title needs changing :rolleyes:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Russia damages the Olympics but the IOC just can't say no!

Interesting to see how this plays out isn't the head of the IOC close friends with Putin?

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What part of 'state-sponsored' cheating does the IOC not understand? In what way can it possibly be justified to devolve the decision to the individual sports bodies? If the cheating at the wintalimpics was not state sponsored then sure, it would be bit unfair to penalise the sprinters and swimmers. But . . . it was . . . . :facepalm::facepalm:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If you can't ban a nation for what has happened, can you ever ban a nation?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here