Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Slade

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Having a laugh, and making players play with a smile is highly motivational. Micky Adams post match interviews were always dull and boring, and that surely reflected on the players. Slade appears to making the players enjoy thier football more, yet still makes them aware, that there is still a big job to do.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
First rule of man management is to get people to concentrate on what they are good at. People tend to enjoy doing what they are good at and so committ to it and it boosts their confidence.
Re: Dean Cox. Maybe we should accept that crossing the ball is not one of his strengths. In truth he is an old fashioned inside forward who is good at buzzing around (speed of thought as much as over the ground), passing creatively,
shooting. That's certainly how he played Saturday and long may it continue.
PG

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I like the fact he used the words GAME PLAN. And that the players KNOW their jobs.

To be fai I dont think THICKY ever had a GAME PLAN.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
When I look back now, I often wonder what Adams actually bought. I really like the bloke, but you have to wonder about his managerial credentials. Shame it did not work out, but as it has been said, football is a results business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here