Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Slade is the new Orient boss

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I think he has got a tough task on there. I think out of all the bottom clubs, they look the most vulnerable but I hope he manages to steer them clear and earn a contract as he deserves it for what he did here.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Good on him - I hope he does well and dont wish him any ill will at all.

Thanks for keeping us up and signing some quality players!

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Good on him - I hope he does well and dont wish him any ill will at all.

Thanks for keeping us up and signing some quality players!

This, a few people have stated that "As long as he doesn't have money" but I think he did ok buying just couldn't get them playing as Gus has managed to do. Good all round gent & I wish him all the best. Also thank you in advance for the 6 pts if he does keep em up.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Good for Russ - I hope for his sake, he can do for Orient what he did for us.
Although not TOO much!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Exactlty fef

Give me Orient away to shit like Tranmere any day.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good luck to him, hope his players give him the benefit of the doubt if he drops them.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
he can have: cox, whing, navarro, jake wright, dickinson and tunnicliffe, although i doubt many o those players would want to go there.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
wow

I am genuinely impressed - four pages of positive comments about one of our ex-managers. That must be a first!

Have to say that I too will happily put aside my dislike of Orient and hope he does well.

Would not be at all surprised to see Whing and Hart join him for next season but not sure if they could afford to buy anyone

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
he can have: cox, whing, navarro, jake wright, dickinson and tunnicliffe, although i doubt many o those players would want to go there.

Given that Gus has quite clearly stated that Tunnicliffe has a big future at Brighton (and the fact he's currently on loan at MK Dons, significantly better placed than Orient), I don't think he'll be available. Navarro's done very well recently, and Wright hasn't really been given a fair crack. With Dickinson now scoring goals in the Championship, I hope all of them are with us next season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mixed feelings. I wish him well, but I wish disease and pestilence on Orient. Its really high time they found their natural level back in the basement division. Its where they belong, so on balance, I think I'd like them to go down fighting (so he keeps his job), and they can then shuffle around in total obscurity going completely un-noticed by anyone for year upon year, as is the correct order of things for that club.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Mixed feelings. I wish him well, but I wish disease and pestilence on Orient. Its really high time they found their natural level back in the basement division. Its where they belong, so on balance, I think I'd like them to go down fighting (so he keeps his job), and they can then shuffle around in total obscurity going completely un-noticed by anyone for year upon year, as is the correct order of things for that club.

STILL give me Orient away over Tranny, Oldham or some other Northern shit.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Top man, pleased he's back in the game without having to drop down the levels.

Good luck Russ, even though it's Orient. Start by kicking McGleish out and we'll love you all the more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here