Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Slade ...Albion Legend in the making?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Not the point of the thread.

The question was "Legend in the making"? Quite possibly, in the making.

Based on one win ? The last 'legend' here didn't do so well second time around despite the original hype.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
1 swallow does not make a summer,i am glad he got the job and whatever happens between now and the end of this season i think if supported on and off the pitch we may have found ourselves a little gem in Mr slade,i stuck by our last manager and all those before him,i cant see myself doing any different now,he talks the talk and i have a sneaky suspicion he will back up the words with positive play on the pitch,4 goals from open play? cant remember that happening in many a year.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Based on one win ? The last 'legend' here didn't do so well second time around despite the original hype.

But the thread is not saying he is a legend - that's what I'm trying to get across. He's not a legend because of one 5-0 win. It's saying that here is the potential for a legend:

- distinctive look & style (?)
- good communicator
- track record of doing well with few resources
- personality and passion
- rapport with the crowd
- a never say die attitude
- doesn't molly coddle the players and demands effort
- ability to motivate
- and yes, a good win after one week in charge.

I would say certainly the potential to become a legend at Brighton & Hove Albion.

Feb 21, 2009
Think as mentioned before, the guy looks the part, i.e Motivator, Coach, Speaks the part, Shouts the orders and get's the respect.
I am confident more now than in a long time that we will go up to walsall tuesday night and get the 3 points and scruff it out!

Think some Russell Slade t-shirts will be selling soon around the Withdean!
There's lot's of people on here with photographic imagery let's get some designs going!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
humpty_dumpty_tshirt-p235005306652891735c1k3_400.jpg

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
But the thread is not saying he is a legend - that's what I'm trying to get across. He's not a legend because of one 5-0 win. It's saying that here is the potential for a legend:

- distinctive look & style (?)
- good communicator
- track record of doing well with few resources
- personality and passion
- rapport with the crowd
- a never say die attitude
- doesn't molly coddle the players and demands effort
- ability to motivate
- and yes, a good win after one week in charge.

I would say certainly the potential to become a legend at Brighton & Hove Albion.

As I said already, AFTER ONE WIN ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I wasn't going to bother trying to explain it yet again! Thanks for that Doug.

Tell you what, you're not a moron the making, you already are. How you can get so excited after one win against a very poor team is ridiculous but I guess you're just too stupid to realise it. Hyping people up tends to end in failure and when you grow up you might learn this.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Tell you what, you're not a moron the making, you already are. How you can get so excited after one win against a very poor team is ridiculous but I guess you're just too stupid to realise it. Hyping people up tends to end in failure and when you grow up you might learn this.

POSSIBLY And under Adams we played a fair few worse teams than Yeovil and didn't come anywhere to 5-0 :glare:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Errr.....where did that come from?

I'm not hyping him up - I'm making exactly the opposite point. But I am saying that the guy has the potential, the raw material, some of the key elements, that people need in order to go on and become a legend. All I have tried to do was explain the thread to you because you seemed to be getting the wrong end of the stick.

And now on top of thoroughly misunderstanding a simple thread concept you have gone bonkers with a bit of un-called for personal abuse.

Take a chill pill, take the time to read my comments properly, and I'll accept your apology by PM if you aren't man enough to admit on here that you have seriously got this wrong.

rothergull

Worthing ex pat
Jan 25, 2008
rotherham
Please can we stop getting carried away. Today was a great result yes, but we have to carry on our momentum and that mean beating Warsaw on Tuesday night. Because we won't get anything against Scunthorpe so we have to win on Tuesday to stay in touching distance of the others.

I dont agree about Scunny,my mates a die hard Scunny fan and he reckons their there for the taking at the mo,too many players have Wembley on their minds and are not fully committed.He says if we keep Hooper quiet we've got a chance.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
You just get the impression you are not going to see players played in the wrong positions etc etc.
So nice to hear his interviews after the games rather than the errrrrrrrrrr eerrrrrrrrs from Adams.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Please can we stop getting carried away. Today was a great result yes, but we have to carry on our momentum and that mean beating Warsaw on Tuesday night. Because we won't get anything against Scunthorpe so we have to win on Tuesday to stay in touching distance of the others.

Shall we save on the petrol and not bother sending a team to Scunthorpe? What a ridiculous defeatist attitude. Good job the players didn't think like that at Leicester, Peterboro & Millwall!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
OK, I'm sure there's a good reason for this, but if Slade is such a good boss, why are Yeovil (a team he managed for three years and left only a month ago) so shite?

Can it ALL be explained by a lack of funds at Yeovil?

Yeovil had won four in a row when Slade left - I think he told the board a few home truths and they did not like it

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
OK, I'm sure there's a good reason for this, but if Slade is such a good boss, why are Yeovil (a team he managed for three years and left only a month ago) so shite?

Can it ALL be explained by a lack of funds at Yeovil?

This is exactly what is so good about him. Yeovil had won four in a row when he left but have only got two points from seven since he left. Doesn't that tell you what a good manager he is. Looking at that squad you wonder how he did that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here