Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Bishop.................

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bishop will say he is being victimised and if the evidence from the original case is no longer available or is inadmissable because of cross contamination his human rights will be violated as someone will have upset him (aah). With double jeopardy laws he can be retried so the Wild Park murders are no longer cold cases but because he is detained at her majestys pleasure I cannot see him being given parole next year just for him to be nicked again outside the prison gates as this will cost taxpayers loads of money. Let him rot in jail.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just read the article in the Argus and it looks like nothing will be done under the double jeopardy law without new evidence such as a confession. If he is on a prison wing with the rest of his fellow nonces perhaps he has blabbed to one of them ?

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
supaseagull said:
I lived in Coldean when this happened and I always remember the night after as we had about 20 old bill round our house having cups of tea...I went to Colden School and later on Falmer and everyone was convinced that Bishop and Fellows were as guilty as f*** and I have always been amazed that there has never been any evidence to suggest that...One of the Fellows' sons - Jonathon was a nutter aswell!

One of the saddest moments of mine and many others around Coldean & Moulsecoomb's childhood.

I just hope that they throw away Bishops key

RIP

:down:

It was indeed, along with the girls.

Wasn't she a dinner lady at Falmer school or something, i left Falmer(was Westlain) in 74, but recall that she worked there in some form or other.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Goodfella said:

Wasn't she a dinner lady at Falmer school or something, i left Falmer(was Westlain) in 74, but recall that she worked there in some form or other.
her husband used to be a coach driver
he used to drive the albion players to away matches

33057 Seagull

May 22, 2004
Over the border in Southwick
edna krabappel said:

Bishop, however, got off on a technicality (ie a screw up), rather than a complete lack of evidence, as in Colin Stagg's case. The fact that the police went pretty much straight round to his house the second the third little girl was found raped and half strangled up on Devil's Dyke says a lot surely? He may not be legally guilty of the Wild Park murders, however I doubt you'd let him babysit your kids, put it that way?
Indeed at the time the police turned up Bishop was hosing down the boot of his car!

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
(with pix)
BABES IN THE WOOD MURDER: FAMILIES DEMAND REVIEW
By Tom Pugh, PA
The families of the "Babes in the Wood" murder victims today took part in a
march to mark the 20th anniversary of the unsolved case.
Ten-year-old schoolgirls Karen Hadaway and Nicola Fellows, nine, were found
strangled in Wild Park, Brighton, East Sussex, in 1986.
Labourer Russell Bishop was charged with the murders but was acquitted after
the prosecution admitted a series of errors in the presentation of forensic
evidence at his trial at Lewes Crown Court in 1987.
Bishop, from Brighton, was jailed for life in 1991 for kidnapping and sexually
assaulting a seven-year-old girl from Brighton but has always denied killing
Karen and Nicola.
In 2002, in the light of plans to abolish the double jeopardy rule, which
prevented suspects being tried twice for the same crime, Sussex Police announced
they were re-examining the case.
But last month the force said that despite reviewing the case, there was not
enough evidence to mount a prosecution.
Today, friends and relatives of Nicola and Karen marched more than three miles
from Brighton's John Street police station to Wild Park clutching teddy bears
and single roses.
Among them were Nicola's mother Susan, her uncles, Nigel and Ian Heffron, and
Karen's mother, Michelle Johnson.
They called on Sussex Police to re-examine the case and in particular to
interview seven witnesses who they believe could have a bearing on the inquiry.
Karen's mother, Michelle Johnson, 49, said: "All we want is justice for those
two girls. We haven't had justice in the past 20 years.
"We feel that those seven witnesses should have been called to play a part in
the original trial and we are still waiting for that to happen."
Ian Heffron, 51, said: "The police said that the evidence of those seven
people is insignificant and inconsequential, but how can they say that when they
haven't even been interviewed?"
Campaigners hope to secure a judicial review as part of their efforts to have
the case reopened.
end

101613 OCT 06

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Was Mr Fellows not asking for the case to be re-opened then?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Goodfella said:

I joined falmer in 1975 - my misses was at Westlaine.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
KPTF said:
I was once in the next hospital bed to Russell Bishop for a minor operation (back in the 70's) and knew some of the family quite well. From memory, he had 3 brothers who were all quite handy; David, the eldest, was quite a bit older than me and was inside from an early age, allegedly, for thieving and other stuff; Alec was about a year older than me and ok if you were on the right side of him; Michael (Micky), the youngest was/is a nutter, who I last saw ( to talk to) in The Hanbury in the early 90's. By that time, Russell had been convicted of abduction and I asked him if he thought he'd done the Wild Park murders as well? He replied along the lines of 'blood is thicker than water' etc and that, if Russell said he didn't do it, that was good enough for him, but having a nonce for a brother had clearly unsettled him.

Great post.

But am I the only one who couldn't help thinking of Spiny Norman as I read it?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You know, he is stupid enough to come back to Brighton. After the original case against him collapsed he just moved straight back into his old area and carried on as if nothing had happened.

And when the little girl that he abducted went missing, the police went straight after him as the main suspect.

Lo and behold, it was him. Read of that what you will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here