Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rushden EXPELLED from the BSC

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I know nothing of what's happened there in the past few years, but their decline has coincided with (nearby) MK Dons being franchised. Presumably local non-league clubs lost support when a league club appeared as if by magic?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I know nothing of what's happened there in the past few years, but their decline has coincided with (nearby) MK Dons being franchised. Presumably local non-league clubs lost support when a league club appeared as if by magic?

dont think it was anything to do with a lack of support as they've never really attracted that many fans - just their main backer pulling out and some horrific mismanagement by the owners since. a village football club wont survive at that higher level without someone funding it, and once griggs sold up they didnt have that anymore

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It is also likely that they will enter into some sort of ground sharing agreement with Kettering, who aren't far off becoming homeless, so a possible income stream that may help their finances a little.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Very sad, but is great news in the short term for me as my 2nd team is Southport .

It is sad, they were far from being the worst side in the Conference last year, pity their finances were in such a state.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Kettering move into R&D's stadium will they be known as Kettering Franchise Club ?

The time I went to the away game on 30/9/03 and walked around the ground passed the main entrance hall it was full of marble and chandeliers.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Maybe we should we wary with our chairman throwing cash around like there is no tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here