Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rumour

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I thought it was fairly simple.

Even if we can afford a fee and wages for a recognised striker, we would have to choose one that no other championship side is interested in (on the basis that the majority of recognised strikers would see most other teams in the championship as a better career move than us).

So, it is likely to be a young up and comer that no-one else has spotted, or someone who has failed elsewhere.

It isn't rocket science FFS. I honestly wonder about some of you (Kev the ape and 1066 needing no wondering at all) :shootself

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
If we get the 450k from Leeds why shouldn't we get him? He's not worth much more.

When the albion asked about him in the summer they were quoted £750K...FACT

dave the gaffer said:
but he is right

MCGHOO OUT

I've noticed your vociferous support has been added to the growing tide of unrest. Perhaps you should go and watch the egg chasers instead :angry: :angry: :angry:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Lokki 7 said:
I've noticed your vociferous support has been added to the growing tide of unrest. Perhaps you should go and watch the egg chasers instead :angry: :angry: :angry:

No need. We at ARS want whats best for the club...

Magoo OUT :angry: :angry: :angry:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
So?

I can't see any of the bigger sides going for hnim. Half the division is gunning for Premiership places and they won't want him. He's not exactly setting the world alight at Southend if you think about it so we've got as good a chance as anyone. We need to stop making excuses and get some f***ing quality in.

It's all about money for these palyers and we're not as skint as people think anymore.
Southampton are being strongly linked. :shrug:

Anyway we may not be as poor as we used to be but any team in the Championship with the possible exception of Crewe can match us for transfer fees and wages. And they play in front of bigger crowds at proper stadiums.

Not excuses, facts.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Silent Bob said:
**Spurs alert** :jester:

Probably to replace Rasiak and/or Mido. they want four strikers, two target men and two little guys. Little guys are Keane and Defoe, but Mido is still only on loan (and got the African Nations coming up) and Rasiak seems to have been out of the picture from the word go. :shrug:

I think they'll go for Kuyt personally.

Said he wont move till summer, thus ashton the stop gap

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
If we get the 450k from Leeds why shouldn't we get him? He's not worth much more.

You're getting that after the transfer window closes so unless Eastwood waits until summer it'll be no use.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Starry said:
You're getting that after the transfer window closes so unless Eastwood waits until summer it'll be no use.

I thought it was payable in January.

And even if we do have to wait til later in the year, I'm sure we could borrow against it. After all, it is guaranteed income

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Bluejuice said:
I thought it was payable in January.

And even if we do have to wait til later in the year, I'm sure we could borrow against it. After all, it is guaranteed income

It's due within 6 months after the first payment (which wasn't the same day as the tribunal - I think the payment was actually made on 4/5 August?) and so the payment is due by February. That's also what your Insider said when asked the same question. Knowing Uncle Ken, it'll arrive at 4.59pm on the last day possible.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Starry said:
It's due within 6 months after the first payment (which wasn't the same day as the tribunal - I think the payment was actually made on 4/5 August?) and so the payment is due by February. That's also what your Insider said when asked the same question. Knowing Uncle Ken, it'll arrive at 4.59pm on the last day possible.

Uncle Ken - the name just makes me cringe.

Surely we can spend the money, knowing that it will come.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I wonder why we would bother looking at Eastwood if it's clear that we can't afford him and he is unlikely to want to move to Brighton. Couldn't we have spent Bob Booker's rail fare on something more useful?

:)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Starry said:

Surel;y the payment would be back dated otherwise we've been royally SHAFTED. It should have been back dated to at leastt he day of the tribunal if not the first day of his contract with Leeds.
Ken Bates is a f***ing SCUMBAG.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Surel;y the payment would be back dated otherwise we've been royally SHAFTED. It should have been back dated to at leastt he day of the tribunal if not the first day of his contract with Leeds.

Yep, bring back Risdale, he knew how to run leeds in a proper way

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here