Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rumour: Chris Adams....

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I've been told from various sources that last night.., after the Essex game, Chris Adams got all the players + back room staff together and "offered" to resign as captain.

Thoughts on that?:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
if he does resign, he has done a Marvellous job in the 10 years he has been with us.

He knows when he leaves the game he has a big money job at Sky, but I cant see him leaving all togther, but maybe as Captain, with Goodwin taking over if Prior doesnt get back in the England set up

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
if he does resign, he has done a Marvellous job in the 10 years he has been with us.

He knows when he leaves the game he has a big money job at Sky, but I cant see him leaving all togther, but maybe as Captain, with Goodwin taking over if Prior doesnt get back in the England set up

Hmmm, i dno, i think Yardy would make a very good captain.

Chris Adams = most sucessful Sussex captain ever!:clap:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Lat night was bad,however just what type of bowling was that ?? Some other players need to look at themselves.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Didn't cause Inzamam or Mike Gatting too many problems...

It was a joke but never mind. In spite of that, I dont think you can compare Yardy to Inzaman or Gatting. Yardy's gone downhill lately.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Hmmm, nothing about this on the Sussex CCC message board. NSC exclusive, or fiction?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Someone VERY close to the club said it ;)

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
we've been here before with him resigning

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
The problem is at the moment, he is only getting into the team BECAUSE he is the captain. He has been out of form for a while.

That said im sure come sunday he will be back to his best as we fall on our swords to the true champs

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
we've been here before with him resigning
IMHO he is an attention seeking back to front who when the chips are down throws drama to the situation with the sole intention of getting those around him reminding him how wonderfull he is!!

The blame for last night and probably the debarcle that will no doubt unfold over the remaining season also must lie with those who consistantly pick the likes of Hoppkinson, Nash, Kirtley and all the other limpets that this club seems to Breed.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think that the whole team have been very poor this season... we are "allegedly" the richest county side now and so what are we getting for our money ? Not results thats for sure.
I think Adams is doing the honorable thing in this case.
In cricket a captain is far more important than a manager and I think he feels he can't motivate or enthuse the players like he used to.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I heard that too. Plus Adam Virgo is going to be named captain.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
If he does resign, then the wheels will come off in all forms of cricket. I can't see another leader in the squad, Yardy hasn't got the bottle(he resigned as Vice-captain during the winter).Prior hasn't got the nous, too worried about his own form. So who would lead?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
If he does resign, then the wheels will come off in all forms of cricket. I can't see another leader in the squad, Yardy hasn't got the bottle(he resigned as Vice-captain during the winter).Prior hasn't got the nous, too worried about his own form. So who would lead?

I think your avatar provides the obvious solution.

:bowdown: Hoppo :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here